Author Topic: Paul Thomas Viars, R.I.P.  (Read 2129 times)

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Paul Thomas Viars, R.I.P.
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Paul Thomas Viars an American.

Does anyone know him?

He went to Surigao with his fiancee and collapsed of a heat stroke while walking from the plane to the terminal there. He died at the hospital about 3 weeks ago and is still held at the funeral home.

His fiancee has said the money that was with him was used to pay the hospital and now needs money to pay the funeral home and dispose of the remains.

She has contacted his family and the American Embassy but was told they will not help.

If you can help contact me by email and I will put you in contact with her.

albert

abair1@hotmail.com
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Re: Paul Thomas Viars, R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
Billy, since your talking as a middle person, we don\'t need to be to unkind, IMO.

The situation could hit any of us OLDESTERS at any time!

Leaving our beloved one in such a state is ~~NOT COOL~~.................PERIOD!

How heartless can a guy be????

Those of us at this ADVANCED AGE in life as we know it, NEEDS to take a look at what has already transpired with like age foreigners and now gone from this life!

We are at a state in life where days are numbered, more so then ever before in our personal history.

Think people, realize the FACTS........................... and plan............ if you love or even care about your partner.

I have my demise, whenever it transpires.................... taken care of WITHOUT anything abroad!
B-Ray   

Offline USMC-Retired

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
Is there more to this story.  Heatstroke?  Walking from the plane to the terminal?  I really worry about the doctors if he died from heat stroke walking a few hundred meters. 

Either way RIP. 

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
Is there more to this story.  Heatstroke?  Walking from the plane to the terminal?  I really worry about the doctors if he died from heat stroke walking a few hundred meters. 

Either way RIP. 

Nothing more yet. I am trying to track down his family in the USA. I sent an Email to the Police Department in the small town of Tryon, NC to see if he\'s the one listed in their phone directory.

I\'ll let you know what I find out.

Billy

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:10:05 AM »
No luck in Tryon, NC but they gave me a lead in Boiling Springs, SC where he last paid his vehicle taxes. I wrote to that city and I\'m waiting to hear back from them.

Billy

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »
Billy,

If you\'re in touch with Pauls fiancee, how about getting his passport number and contacting state dept......is the contact
info in his passport no good?

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:48:09 AM »
Billy,

If you\'re in touch with Pauls fiancee, how about getting his passport number and contacting state dept......is the contact
info in his passport no good?

I\'m not in touch with anyone. I got the original Post from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOS_Philippines/ and I\'m just trying to do what I can from California.

Billy

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:42:20 PM »
Your a good man Billy, this is not the first time you have tried to help people you don\'t know personally

Graham