Author Topic: Looking for an internship  (Read 2158 times)

Offline frenchalice

Looking for an internship
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:05:34 PM »
Hi all,

I am Alice, a 21 year old French business student, and I really want to go to the Philippines to do my master internship! Unfortunately, it is kind of hard to find something, so I thought this forum could help.
I\'ve studied so far marketing, communication, strategics, finance, accounting and law. I would be available for 5 months starting ASAP.
My long term aim is to work in the non profit world. I had 2 very interesting NGO experiences in Peru. But as for right now, I\'m not especially wanting to work in the NGO world for this internship, as I am more seeking a strong cultural choc and a solid business experience where I would learn a lot aboutbusiness models in this country. I\'m also very attracted by the beauty of this country which I\'ve been dying to visit for a long time. I am actually willing to live in a different culture, working with different business models.
I would need to be paid an amount that would enable me to survive (food and accomodation, airfare participation if possible).

If you have any offer, or have heard of anybody looking for an intern, please do not hesitate to contact me on alice.rugiero@ymail.com.

Thank you very much all
Cheers

Alice

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Looking for an internship
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:21:06 AM »
I would need to be paid an amount that would enable me to survive (food and accomodation, airfare participation if possible).
Most likely not gonna happen.
Also as a tourist you are not legally permitted to work.
IF, and I mean if, you can find something, you will most likely be paid the equivalent of €3-5/day for a 10-12 hours of work 6 days a week.
If it is experience you seek, then volunteering for a charity or religious organization might be for you.
Sorry
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »
Your ONLY option is to contact a university.

As a seasoned student if you do not already have the list of top universities then you are only joking yourself...

BTW

Welcome to the forums !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »
Alice, 

whilst it will be difficult to find work in Philippines, and individual members are unlikely to know of individual roles, it\'s not impossible.....

try http://unjobs.org/duty_stations/philippines   and other international agencies such as Médecins Sans Frontières http://www.msf.org/

Getting a job from an organisation outside the Philippines is probably best way to go

My experience (and friends) has shown that they are not very quick with their replies

Bon chance