Author Topic: property help!!  (Read 4403 times)

Offline larry

property help!!
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »
me and my wife bought a home in bataan 2 years ago and their are squatters next door we have had our property surveyed  well they the squatters tried to build on us that failed  they moved their home some now they are complaining about the well last year we installed jet matic and when we did we also put pipe out side our gate so all people could have axcess to watter  now they have lodge complaint with brangay about well which is on our property  , my wife is an ofw they the squatters never start poop when  we are there always after words . i would  like to rid of them  sooo bad   HELP thank you  larry

Re: property help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »
You can take measures to move them, but ONLY if they are on YOUR property!  If it\'s not, you might try to chat with the property owner, but don\'t expect miracles if he doesn\'t live nearby or have an inclination to become involved (he owes you nothing unless you can do something for him).  There\'s always more than one way to skin a cat, but you\'ll have to find a way to use local culture to your advantage.

Otherwise better to kiss and make up, or they can make life miserable for you...

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:37:50 AM »
What are they complaining about?

If you are giving water away free to the surrounding neighbors, I would tell them do a \"code red\" on the squatters or you will stop giving free water.  You will probably find the complaints stop pretty quick when the people you help pressure the people that cause problems. IMO

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline larry

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
the squatters in this case are living on a undeveloped road way right of way  ie  end of road how ever the plans call for one day to open the road after building an bridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
road                                                    their house
-------------------------------------------           -!------------------

road
                                                           my house
i hope this is ok  their are 2 roads that come to  T  thank you  Larry

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »
the squatters in this case are living on a undeveloped road way right of way  ie  end of road how ever the plans call for one day to open the road after building an bridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
road                                                    their house
-------------------------------------------           -!------------------

road
                                                           my house

Larry, download Google Earth (free) From  earth.google.com/ and you should/may be able to get a satellite image of you house.

Colin

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »

If the land your squatters are on is not yours, especially if it is public land, you don\'t have much leverage. Even if on public land, squatters have some rights.  The best place to start to resolve a neighbor dispute is with your Barangay Captain.  If he\'s unwilling or can\'t help, the next place to go is to an attorney. Depending upon your tactics and behavior, you could alienate some of your other neighbors in the process and things could get worse.  

Often the best tactic is a diplomatic one.  Bend like a reed in the wind, but keep your roots firmly planted in the soil.  

Has anyone seen suggestions to foreigners to rent only?  This is one of the reasons.  Please keep us posted!

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »
Regarding squatter\'s legal rights, this is from my VFW post\'s minutes concerning squatters in the former Clark AB cemetary (which our post maintains):

\"Meeting with CDC officials revealed that the squatters in the rear of the Cemetery cannot be moved due to a Philippine law that says if squatters have occupied land for more than six months, then whoever requires them to move is responsible for their relocation and resettlement.  Replacement of the fence in the rear of the property is a possible option but theft is a problem.  Vandalism has occurred within the Cemetery.\"

CDC is the Clark Development Corporation. If i understand this correctly, whether Larry owns the land or not, he would still be financially responsible for moving and resettling them.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:45 AM »

If i understand this correctly, whether Larry owns the land or not, he would still be financially responsible for moving and resettling them.

That could possibly be the case if so decided by his local municipality.  In my experience, the municipality would be the one\'s to require the squatter to move and would have to accept the responsibility.  From the information thusfar provided, Larry has little leverage to force his squatter to move.  It would be a different story if the municipality were to continue the road and they\'d likely shoulder the cost.  That may not happen unless one of the politicos would see an advantage to continue the project at election time...

Offline larry

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 09:36:36 AM »
all is well now i guess they  just wanted to blow off steam how ever they dont have a well we will still give them water !!!! ;D

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »
all is well now i guess they  just wanted to blow off steam how ever they don\'t have a well we will still give them water !!!! ;D

That\'s good to hear.  A political solution is often the best to keep the rest of the neighborhood happy.  Good neighbors are worth a few buckets of water IMHO.   :D