Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Philippine International Hot-Air Balloon Fiesta  (Read 2337 times)

Offline cefox01

• Sr Member
Philippine International Hot-Air Balloon Fiesta
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »
hey guys, coming back Feb 6 to quezon city, i hope for good this time. But i seen this advertisement for the Philippine International Hot-Air Balloon Fiesta. In Angeles from  feb 10 -14 Has anybody been and is it worth the time and effort.
If u have where did u stay?

thanks
charlie

Re: Philippine International Hot-Air Balloon Fiesta
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
hey guys, coming back Feb 6 to quezon city, i hope for good this time. But i seen this advertisement for the Philippine International Hot-Air Balloon Fiesta. In Angeles from  feb 10 -14 Has anybody been and is it worth the time and effort.
If u have where did u stay?

thanks
charlie

I went a couple of times many years ago, and it was good fun. Loads of hot air balloons, and you could get close up and personal with them as they filled up, or inflated, whatever they called it.

We had a bunch of old American cars and stuff from Angeles Hot Rod Association out there too. It used to be held at Omni Aviation, not sure where it is now though. I hear it has grown and got better every year.

I should be in town for it, so I may be there, kallboguy, lots of tattoos, young mestisa daughter and wife in tow.  ;D

Ideally you need a car to get there, as it is inside Clark base, but you can get taxis from SM Mall, and hotel cars, jeepneys even etc.

There are loads of hotels a stones throw away, on Fields avenue. We use to use Sunset garden Resort a lot, middle class hotel, big pool, fairly decent air-con rooms etc.

http://www.sunsetgarden.com/sunset_eng/index_map.html

Oasis or Clarkton hotels are also very close. Here\'s a website full of other Angeles hotels.

http://www.hotelsangeles.com/

Offline cefox01

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 11:26:14 PM »
Ahh thanks i have been in a hot air in sedona years back but my girl has never been close to one or seen one in real so i  think we should have fun and the 2year old love balloons so she should  have a blast im staying at the central park hotel not to sure where it is located to the fiesta but dont really matter i guess we will get there. Maybe we can meet once i get there i will send u my phone # and we can see if we can hook up.
any other info would be appreciated.

thanks

charlie

Offline MikeBal

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »
That hotel is just a block and a half behind Fields avenue. You can get a trike from there to the main gate of the base easily, or walk there if you\'re feeling active. I believe they have jeepneys that you can take out to the Fiesta site.
Mike from San Antonio

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »
Ahh thanks i have been in a hot air in sedona years back but my girl has never been close to one or seen one in real so i  think we should have fun and the 2year old love balloons so she should  have a blast im staying at the central park hotel not to sure where it is located to the fiesta but dont really matter i guess we will get there. Maybe we can meet once i get there i will send u my phone # and we can see if we can hook up.
any other info would be appreciated.

thanks

charlie

Have you seen this page: http://www.clarksubicmarketing.com/news/clark_hot_air_balloon_festival.htm

Plenty of info there.

It is at Air Force City now, and appears to have grown a lot bigger than when I was last there.

You can even go up in a balloon, though it isn\'t cheap. $150 minimum per head.  :o

One thing that did alarm me was people flying large remote control helicopters right close to the crowds in the fields, to entertain them I assume. I sure hope they don\'t still do that, but when you\'re at the show just bear in mind that there is a somewhat \'bahala na\' attitude towards safety in the PI.

We\'ll have to see if any other forum members are going and have a meet up.  ;D

Offline cefox01

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 12:20:23 AM »
yea i seen all the info sounds like fun thanks for the info i think we will have fun.
im ready to be back to philly for sure.
thanks guys

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, looks like a great way to spend a day or so. If I can book a hotel room I will be there with my videocam.

Richard

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:50:49 AM »
Had a great time at the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta yesterday. Unless you are a fanatic, half a day is enough, but it\'s best to be there to catch the sunrise cos that\'s when all the balloon activities are taking place.

Richard