Author Topic: Vaz-build pre- fab houses  (Read 3960 times)

Offline bld911b

Vaz-build pre- fab houses
« on: December 27, 2010, 07:08:57 AM »
Do any of you have knowlege of a company called Vaz-Build Pre-fab homes? They have offices in Manila and cebu city. I saw their ad in a Manila paper and then I found their site on the internet. They look interesting but I\'d welcome your opinion or experience with them. Thanks

Offline Randor

Re: Vaz-build pre- fab houses
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »
I found a website called VazBuilt, I assume it is the same.

www.vazbuilt.com/

Regards, Rand

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
Site very slow to bounce around in.

FAQ is VERY................VERY.......... lacking!!!

I did find this:

We provide a 15-year Structural Warranty on VAZBUILT-manufactured parts.

Didn\'t find what was and what wasn\'t \"manufactured\" by them and what \"Structural\" meant??

It appears that a contact is wanted to sweet talk you with their fancy talk that you have no idea what their talking about???† ;D

Just things that isn\'t there and should be, if there is such a great product. An online ad has ONE CHANCE in gaining interest!!

Sure didn\'t grab mine!!!!
B-Ray

I found a website called VazBuilt, I assume it is the same.

www.vazbuilt.com/

Regards, Rand

Offline wfox11

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:06 AM »
Here\'s a better website.
http://www.sibonga.com/home_interior_design_philippines.htm

Don\'t know anything about the company other than what is on the website. I intend visiting their office in Cebu and looking at some of their projects next time I visit Cebu. They do construction and also have prefab buildings available.

I\'d be very interested in anything you all have to say about them.
Ronald Reagan said \"sometimes our right hand doesn\'t know what our far-right hand is doing.\"

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »
Here\'s a better website.
http://www.sibonga.com/home_interior_design_philippines.htm

Don\'t know anything about the company other than what is on the website. I intend visiting their office in Cebu and looking at some of their projects next time I visit Cebu. They do construction and also have prefab buildings available.

I\'d be very interested in anything you all have to say about them.

An interesting site with some good alternative forms of construction, however I would question some of there criticisms of conventional Philippine construction. e.g. a hollow-block wall is as strong as its weakest link which is a hollow-block I have chosen not to use hollow blocks, but they are not load bearing and do not form part of the strength of the wall. I would question a site that puts such inaccurate statements to push their products.

There is nothing wrong with the alternative building methods used elsewhere in the world, just that they may be impractical in a lot of locations in the Philippines. Fine maybe if you live near the company, but some of these methods require experience not available unless you are prepared to \'ship in\' and pay for the food and accommodation of the experienced builders.

The majority of Filipino \'builders\' are unqualified and inexperienced and have trouble building a conventional column and beam construction. Been there and done that† :(

Colin

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
Modern Zen Houses - Native - Nipa - Bamboo - Bali Mansions

Philippines Wooden House ? TERMITES ?

Ask for the unique permanent \"anay\" termite control system

installed under your house before the construction

~~~~~~~~~~

OIC, buy and apply there product and you can relax, no insect problem., as implied

YA RIGHT, boring insects have WINGS living in your yard!!

Just another thing going along with Colins findings from that site. IE: a whole lot of HYPE going on AND if their product(s) were so good.........HYPE isn\'t needed!
B-Ray

Offline wfox11

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:11 AM »
Colin, that\'s a good point regarding load-bearing walls. Do you think, though, that their method of wall building might be more resistant to earthquake damage than is hollow block construction?

I certainly would want to see some of their work before I hire them to do anything.

I sent them an email regarding fences and perimeter walls. Someone answered promptly but it seems they are not interested in fence building as a separate project. It was a short answer which was short on information. I was hoping to at least find out what name the company goes by.
Ronald Reagan said \"sometimes our right hand doesn\'t know what our far-right hand is doing.\"

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
Colin, that\'s a good point regarding load-bearing walls. Do you think, though, that their method of wall building might be more resistant to earthquake damage than is hollow block construction?

I certainly would want to see some of their work before I hire them to do anything.

I sent them an email regarding fences and perimeter walls. Someone answered promptly but it seems they are not interested in fence building as a separate project. It was a short answer which was short on information. I was hoping to at least find out what name the company goes by.

I don\'t know if earthquakes are much of a problem in the Philippines, I know we don\'t seem to get them here in Palawan so have not given them any real thought. I have used a composite solution by building with columns and beams but infilling with three inch 3D (Styrofoam) walling. This was done for the insulation properties and the fact that the column and beam method is the only way most local builders know how to build. Using all Styrofoam walling looks a good idea but getting a local builder would have been a problem. They were very unsure about the infilling idea at first, but now prefer it to hollow blocks because it is so much lighter to carry and quicker to install. It is also more expensive.

Colin