Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: What\'s the difference?  (Read 9639 times)

What\'s the difference?
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:55:48 AM »
The other day as I was sitting under my covered paotio with a tiled floor in back having a rum and coke and it was raining. The question came to mind, \"what\'s the diiference\"? This time of year it\'s raining for days in the Centeral Valley of California. In 3 years not here, but a hit and miss during some days.

Looking around and there\'s a rock walkway to the B-B-Q OPPPS dirty kitchen LOL, Didn\'t have that before. Around the 4\' block wall are red, yellow, white and orange flowers in full bloom and a postage stamp for a lawn that I didn\'t have before either.

Looking over the 4\' wall I see palm, coconut trees and  bunches of bamboo and if it\'s quiet, as it is most of the time, I can hear the small creek flow on the other side of the wall. Looking over another 4\' wall I can see about 150 sq meters of veggie garden my wife calls \"THE FARM\". Homesteaded that area LMAO

So, what\'s the difference from asfault and concrete? You just readed it!! A sceen that can be found on every Island in the Philippines, \"IF\" you look for it. Then there are those that are REALLY get turned-on by asfault and concrete. That\'s available too for y\'all\'s city folks!
B-Ray Bacong, (blink twise and you might miss us), Negros Oriental

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: What\'s the difference?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
B-Ray,

In a nutshell you\'ve just explained a few of the reasons I look forward to my final move in a few years.  Right now if I look out my front picture window I see bare, gray trees, leaves on the ground, a dark gray sky, and it\'s cold.  For 6 months of the year, things are green.  The other 6 months, everything looks dead.  Yuck!  And no people.  In fact, that\'s one thing I find so unappealing about living here.  No one walks down the street.  When I\'m in the Philippines, people are walking everywhere, greeting each other, smiling and always a friendly greeting. 

I hope that one day soon I can have a few such as yours, with a \"Farm\" on the property and a walkway to the dirty kitchen/BBQ area.  Maybe even a small bar inside the bahay kubo with karaoke system for entertaining friends and family.

B-Ray, you\'re a lucky man.  I hope to be as lucky some day soon!

Ingat, my friend!
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »
B-Ray,

This morning I was inside my house having coffee when I saw the temp outside was 20 degrees (-5 Celsius). This didn\'t bother me.

I watched the news about how many had died in the blizzard related deaths. This didn\'t bother me.

I got to the part of your Post below where you said \"I can hear the small creek flow on the other side of the wall\". This bothered me!!!

I will be there in March and my Asawa Eda will come over in late June or early July. While I\'m there w/o adult supervision I will drag Don H. out of Cebu City and we will look you up! I found Bacong on my map, so we (almost) know where you live...

See you,

Billy

The other day as I was sitting under my covered paotio with a tiled floor in back having a rum and coke and it was raining. The question came to mind, \"what\'s the diiference\"? This time of year it\'s raining for days in the Centeral Valley of California. In 3 years not here, but a hit and miss during some days.

Looking around and there\'s a rock walkway to the B-B-Q OPPPS dirty kitchen LOL, Didn\'t have that before. Around the 4\' block wall are red, yellow, white and orange flowers in full bloom and a postage stamp for a lawn that I didn\'t have before either.

Looking over the 4\' wall I see palm, coconut trees and  bunches of bamboo and if it\'s quiet, as it is most of the time, I can hear the small creek flow on the other side of the wall. Looking over another 4\' wall I can see about 150 sq meters of veggie garden my wife calls \"THE FARM\". Homesteaded that area LMAO

So, what\'s the difference from asfault and concrete? You just readed it!! A sceen that can be found on every Island in the Philippines, \"IF\" you look for it. Then there are those that are REALLY get turned-on by asfault and concrete. That\'s available too for y\'all\'s city folks!
B-Ray Bacong, (blink twise and you might miss us), Negros Oriental

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »
Billy,

PLEASE, convince, inspire, drag Don if you have to, but get him out of the house and out into the fresh air and green surroundings!  He needs the change of scenery, if nothing else.  Take him to visit B-Ray, if he\'s willing to \"host\" you guys for a while.  Bobby Ray, please touch base with Don and invite him up to your place.  Wish I could be there with you guys! 

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »
Well guys, we have what we call \"The Cabin\" above my shop in the back yard that\'s really really UPGRADED Native with a deck!

It\'s our daily/weekly rental, but will use for our guest that wants to tip a few and burn some meat. More then a him and her, someone will have to rough it and get the top bunk!  ;D

BTW Billy, Bacong is 2.5 KMs farther up the South Roard, so your in the ball park.  :)
B-Ray

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:59:08 AM »
I\'ll be looking for you in a few months then. Yes, Don, I\'ll take the top bunk...

:\'(

Billy

Well guys, we have what we call \"The Cabin\" above my shop in the back yard that\'s really really UPGRADED Native with a deck!

It\'s our daily/weekly rental, but will use for our guest that wants to tip a few and burn some meat. More then a him and her, someone will have to rough it and get the top bunk!  ;D

BTW Billy, Bacong is 2.5 KMs farther up the South Roard, so your in the ball park.  :)
B-Ray

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 08:20:17 AM »
Last night sitting on the deck of \"The Cabin\" under a clear stary sky ready for the new year to come in and wearing nothing but short pants is SOOO different too! From 11:30PM to 12:30AM the fire works could be seem from the City areas over the tree tops and soon a panoramic cloud of smoke was in the sky. Sure was nice to still see the stars where we were, with the woman that has added so much joy, (more then I hoped for), to my life.
B-Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 08:24:16 AM »
You\'re killing me B-Ray...

Last night sitting on the deck of \"The Cabin\" under a clear stary sky ready for the new year to come in and wearing nothing but short pants is SOOO different too! From 11:30PM to 12:30AM the fire works could be seem from the City areas over the tree tops and soon a panoramic cloud of smoke was in the sky. Sure was nice to still see the stars where we were, with the woman that has added so much joy, (more then I hoped for), to my life.
B-Ray

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I was just thinking the same thing!  It\'s been cold and wet here. I\'m wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt, shoes and socks and I\'m inside!  I\'m sooooo jealous!!!!!!!

How big a BBQ pit / area do you have?  I\'ll help roast the baboy! 

Happy New Year B-Ray!

Offline nelsonbob51

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
B-Ray, G-Day from downunder. Its a lucky man who has new years day everyday. So you just sit back there and blow the froth of another amber fluid for me. Good luck to you old son. Cheers Bob

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 09:30:29 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I was just thinking the same thing!  It\'s been cold and wet here. I\'m wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt, shoes and socks and I\'m inside!  I\'m sooooo jealous!!!!!!!

How big a BBQ pit / area do you have?  I\'ll help roast the baboy! 

Happy New Year B-Ray!

NO \"PIT\", just an concrete area with a grill aside a raised concrete slab with a sink and water on the back fence wall with electric plug-ins, light and fan. Now that\'s an UPGRADED Pinoy dirty kitchen! ;D

I\'ve never been much of a B-B-Qer, (therefore need all the help I can get),  but have done 8 kilos of baby back ribs on this one. Still working on a spicier sauce, but this bottled one with a little help ain\'t bad!

I\'ve been thinking of taking the rotisory  from our oven that we don\'t use and installing it there.  Also thinking of a removable smoker, now both are taxing this Ole Goats brain LMAO

Y\'all\'s have a Happy New Years, YA HEAR!!
B-Ray

Offline MikeOnQuest

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »

I am also jealous :).  Here im michigan it is just one snow storm after another .... though i cant complain too much ... im making money from the snow this year. I now have a snow removal job, making more money than ever before as i seem to have this new infusion of motivation that wasnt there before. I was fat and out of shape ex military that was just going to get fatter and farther out of shape if i stayed in the janitorial business. So i got a manual labor job and am now in much better shape... still working on the fat part though grin. So you all enjoy being warm whether its inside or over in the phils...i will be out shoveling the white stuff and dreaming
of my warm paradise waiting for me to return. (and trying not to freeze anything off)

Keep sending the snow so i can make some money :)
                                            Mike J.           
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »
Well Mike, I had a 1942 Gallon road grader that once belonged to the Alaska Railroad when I lived in Alaska for 11- years, (69-80). So YEP, keep that snow a com\'n!  ;D
B-Ray

I am also jealous :).  Here im michigan it is just one snow storm after another .... though i cant complain too much ... im making money from the snow this year. I now have a snow removal job, making more money than ever before as i seem to have this new infusion of motivation that wasnt there before. I was fat and out of shape ex military that was just going to get fatter and farther out of shape if i stayed in the janitorial business. So i got a manual labor job and am now in much better shape... still working on the fat part though grin. So you all enjoy being warm whether its inside or over in the phils...i will be out shoveling the white stuff and dreaming
of my warm paradise waiting for me to return. (and trying not to freeze anything off)

Keep sending the snow so i can make some money :)
                                            Mike J.           

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
I\'m tired of snow...
We had a foot more since this pic...

RUFUS

[attachment deleted by admin]
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS