Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: What\'s the difference?  (Read 9642 times)

Offline Mike M.

• Sr Member
Re: What\'s the difference?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 07:49:37 AM »
I showed this one to the kids, Ron.  They are 11 and 13 and remember Idaho snow.  When we talk about the good old days, they always want to have snow.   

B-Ray, what are your ordinary days like?  Mike M.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
Weather wise? Anywhere from 26-30c this time of year with spotty, (warm  ;D),  rain to a high of 34c summer here in the  Bacong, Negros Oriental area. From the 2nd floor apartment, we can see water through the trees, therefore the beach isn\'t far. Lower hue and temps as you go up the  mountain.

BTW, in Alaska it can get to cold to snow. On the North Slope is like that and we said, when the wind wears the snow out, we have summer.  :D
B-Ray

I showed this one to the kids, Ron.  They are 11 and 13 and remember Idaho snow.  When we talk about the good old days, they always want to have snow.   

B-Ray, what are your ordinary days like?  Mike M.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »
BTW, in Alaska it can get to cold to snow. On the North Slope is like that and we said, when the wind wears the snow out, we have summer.  :D

I spent a couple of years near North Pole, AK (near Fairbanks) and saw very little snow, maybe 2\"-3\" a year.  The temperatures never remained in the \"snow range\" for very long, though we\'d spend months at -30F sometimes dipping to -75F.  No such problems where I live on Cebu; from 25C to 34C all year.

Offline old40ford

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50:39 AM »
I\'ve never experienced snow like Capt. Ron\'s picture shows, but, I have had enough and can tell you if i see a snow shovel agian i will burn it or shoot the guy selling them.
john