Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Quiapo District - For those who dare!  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Quiapo District - For those who dare!
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:24:08 AM »
Being stuck in even northen Metro Manila was a drag some days.  Occasionally we\'d make a day trip, this one was for a day of shopping for bagains and gifts for relatives back home.  This meant going to Quiapo, the Muslim District of Manila, also gateway to Chinatown, Binondo section of old Manila, but great deals on gold and other jewelry.

Click link for more
https://picasaweb.google.com/109312597545453393235/QuiapoShoppingDay?authkey=Gv1sRgCKL3rPmPhdrxaw
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
Re: Quiapo District - For those who dare!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 06:01:06 AM »
Hi Jack,

lol, yes, for those who dare. I mentioned to my gf that we should go there to do some shopping and she looked at me as if I was crazy  ;)
We will be going to Chinatown but not to Quiapo.

Thomas

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
Sorry, dont get it.  whats the alleged issue with this place?

r
B E   O F   S I N G L E    A I M  ;   H A V E   A   L E G I T I M A T E    A N D    U S E F U L  
P U R P O S E   A N D   D E V O T E   Y O U R S E L F   U N R E S E R V E D L Y   T O   I T

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »
Sorry, dont get it.  whats the alleged issue with this place?

r

A large concentration of pick-pockets. It\'s in one of the oldest, poorest sections of Manila.

But those are just my gossip topics. I\'ve never had any trouble there, and I\'ve been shopping there many times.  
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »
I\'ve been there many times, and love to just wander around because the stalls and shops there have stuff you don\'t see anywhere else. There are also many bargains to be found. So far I have not seen any sign of trouble.

Richard