Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Even a Cloudy Day at a beach is better than...  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Even a Cloudy Day at a beach is better than...
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »
We planned a day trip for Subic Bay.  We were waiting for the rain to stop and thought we had a forcast for a clear day.  Remind me to tell you about translators in a later post....

Oceanview Beach Resort, Saturday morning, rainy, but warm... what the heck!  The beach is all ours!

We descended like caged critters onto the beach and quickly staked claim to a beach hut close to everything, including a \"snack bar\" with ice cold Sam Miguel, in virtually unlimited quantities!   All in all, a pretty good day!

Click on link for more...
https://picasaweb.google.com/109312597545453393235/CloudyDayAtTheBeach?authkey=Gv1sRgCPWwler65fv8XA

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
Re: Even a Cloudy Day at a beach is better than...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
Thats the way to relax

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 03:02:41 AM »
That looks like everyone had a pretty good time Jack. What were your impressions of Subic? We will be making an extended visit to the Philippines next year and thought to take Shirleys family there, maybe stay a couple of nights (they live in San Fernando).

Happy days!

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:31:28 AM »
That looks like everyone had a pretty good time Jack. What were your impressions of Subic? We will be making an extended visit to the Philippines next year and thought to take Shirleys family there, maybe stay a couple of nights (they live in San Fernando).

Happy days!

Paul

It\'s getting busy there again with the Korean Shipyard, but the water still appeared to be relatively clean.  I had no problems dunking my big butt in it several times and places. 

You can find plenty of resorts to choose from, some with nice pools and restaurants.  But there were lots more of the cheaper places to spend the day, like the one we went to.  I\'ve never spent the night there.  Just day trips.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH