Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Villa Angela Heritage House  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Villa Angela Heritage House
« on: November 24, 2011, 05:22:58 AM »
If you truly want to step back in time to a slower pace and more relaxed atmosphere, you can\'t go wrong with Villa Angela Heritage House  http://www.villangela.com/

Relax in the splendor of 19th century Vigan

Built by Gobernadorcillo Agapito Florendo y Bonifacio in 1870, Villa Angela stands proudly on a 2,000 square meter lot as a shining example of a Vigan Heritage House. Being a rich depository of the family\'s relics and memorabilia acquired through the years, Villa Angela remains a showcase of the family\'s past and present standing in the Vigan community. The upper floor has been continuously maintained to be as elegant as it was over 100 years ago. The rooms are filled with original antique furniture dating from the period. 

Contact Maricris or Tony Pandoro 0919-3156122   Tell them Kuya Jack and Ate Glo referred you.

Awesome House!  Great service!
https://picasaweb.google.com/109312597545453393235/VILLAANGELAHERITAGEHOUSEVIGANIS?authkey=Gv1sRgCKugkJXwkqSEmAE
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
Re: Villa Angela Heritage House
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:57:39 AM »
Hi Jack,

I stayed there in 2009, in the first room on the right as you come in. It is indeed a very elegant and well maintained place to stay, and not expensive, for Vigan.
The most memorable part of my trip to that area was the empanadas, I still salivate when thinking about them :)
Enjoy your time up there and thanks for the memories :)

Thomas

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Villa Angela Heritage House
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »
Yes, you were in the Cuarto de las Hijas, if I'm not mistaken.  We stayed in the Cuarto de los Hilos, big enough for 4 adults with 1 king Size bed and two adult singles.  It had private access to the veranda, which was also the pathway to the CR, outside the room!  That was cool, though.  It gave me a feeling of having my own private villa.

If the atmosphere wasn't enough, the service given by Tony and his wife Maricris took it over the top.  When given our choice of either a Continental Style breakfast (toast, marmalade, butter, coffee, tea, juice, eggs, bacon) or Filipino Style (rice, daing, toast, marmalade, eggs, longanisa, coffee, tea, juice)  we decided it best to dive right in and order both, every day.  So every morning I had a cup (or two) of tea, fresh calamansi juice, eggs, rice, bacon, longanisa, marmalade and buttered toast and every morning it was perfectly prepared and delivered to our table in style.

If you'd care to see the sights but aren't sure of where they are, or where to park?  Tony can arrange for a Calesa to pick you up at the Villa and take you to see all that Vigan has to offer.  Gerome, our Calesa driver, was very polite, well-mannered, knowledgeable and had a well-kept Calesa.  He knew the fastest way to get everywhere, what areas to avoid and seemed to be well-liked by all those we came in contact with.  We tied him up all day, having him wait while we toured each house or area of interest, yet paid only 1500Php for his service.  Well, 1800Php.  I gave him 300Php extra as a tip for being patient with us.  It's how I roll.

For the absolute best Empanadas anywhere on the planet, try The Hidden Garden...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:41:40 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH