Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: The Hidden Garden  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
The Hidden Garden
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:40:34 AM »
When they say hidden, they aren't joking.  Unless you know someone who knows someone who knows, you'd never find this hidden gem.  But when you do, it's certainly worth every ounce of energy you use getting there.

We stopped for lunch, but I think next time I visit will be after dark.  I ordered a pot of sinigang na baboy and an empanada.  Thank goodness the waiter brought three bowls, 'coz the cauldron of sinigang was enough to feed a family and the empanadas were huge.

I've had empanadas, and generally speaking, they're one of my favorites.  I mean, who wouldn't like a meat pie, right?  But let me tell you right now, the empanadas in the Ilococs region are way different.  The crust is flaky, like a light pastry crust and the filling is a blend of egg, onion, garlic, and chopped Vigan longanisa! 

Now for those who are thinking I'm talking about that slimy, sweet crap they sell in the stores, forget it!  I'm talking about smoky, spicy, hand-made sausages that would make anyone cry!  These are the best sausages I've found anywhere!

Well, enjoy the rest of the photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109312597545453393235/TheHiddenGardenViganCity?authkey=Gv1sRgCLba3I6EjO-3YA
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:43:47 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline OldManBill

• Sr Member
Re: The Hidden Garden
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
It takes alot to make me cry. lol. I will say that I could never take my mother to a place like that, because she would pitch a tent and never leave. ;D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:04:41 AM »
It takes alot to make me cry. lol. I will say that I could never take my mother to a place like that, because she would pitch a tent and never leave. ;D

No need for a tent. they have several bamboo huts set aside for private dining. One could easily make their home in one of those.  ;D

Offline fharz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
Wow how sweet naman. :) where is the Hidden garden? is that mysterious garden? Nice picture :)
Signature Deleted by Admin

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
nice pics....too bad about the cotton though.

ricky :o
B E O F S I N G L E A I M ; H A V E A L E G I T I M A T E A N D U S E F U L
P U R P O S E A N D D E V O T E Y O U R S E L F U N R E S E R V E D L Y T O I T

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »
1. GW enjoyed all the pics

Chuck ;D

Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 01:13:50 AM »
Wow how sweet naman. :) where is the Hidden garden? is that mysterious garden? Nice picture :)

\"The Hidden Garden\"

Barangay Bulala Centro, Vigan, Ilocos Sur 10-15 minutes by calesa from Calle Crisologo

http://www.hiddengardenvigan.com.ph/