Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: San Fernando - San Juan, La Union  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
San Fernando - San Juan, La Union
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:31:28 AM »
After hundreds of hugs and tears, we pried ourselves away from family and the idyllic life of Ilocandia and forced ourselves onto another bus, this time heading south.  Our original plan was to head straight to Baguio, but we had an offer from my amigo Tom Glenn to stay the night with he and his family with the further offer of a free ride up the mountain the next day.  So we found ourselves gliding down the road towards Sam Fernando, where Tom lives with his wife Julie and daughter Christine. 

After a short, smooth trip we arrived at the bus depot where Tom and his driver Efran were waiting for us.  Some quick intros and then we\'re into the van and heading for Tom\'s place on the beach.  Did I mention he lived in paradise? 

We rested briefly before having a supper of home cooked veggies and fried chicken.  Then my Mom and I played in the surf just outside Tom\'s back fence and searched for seashells.  Later we sat on the veranda and watched the sunset.

Next morning we said goodbye to the party hut and began the next leg of the trip.   

But that\'s another story and another album.  Enjoy these photos first:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109312597545453393235/TomGlennSBeachResidence?authkey=Gv1sRgCPD-wLDcgaKYXw#
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
Re: San Fernando - San Juan, La Union
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
what can one say, just wonderfull.

Bob