Author Topic: Showing Respect for Filipinas  (Read 8242 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Showing Respect for Filipinas
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 08:57:30 AM »
Murf,
That is a two way street brother, you need me, let me know!! None of us may be 18 any more so all that means is we have to use our intelligence, experience, shear numbers, and good looks to complete what we were once able to do on our own. I have always felt that I was part of a very special and elite group of people, those who were blessed enough to have found a very special person to share our lives with. I refuse to have some peabrain walking hemorrhoid dictate to me how to live my life and who to fall in love with. I have a very deep respect for the Philippines, its people, culture, family values, etc... if others are too narrow minded to appreciate all it offers, too damn bad!!! Let them stay in their twisted, bigoted, narrow minded little world and wallow in their own ignorance.
Take care,
Bear

Sweet talking devil    ;D ;D ;D

This ol\' redneck is ready, willing and able to watch anyone\'s back in dealing with these Neanderthals.   >:(

Like Murf, I ain\'t as good as I once was, but I\'m as good once as I ever was.   ;)

OOOOOooooo  RRRAAAaaahhhhhh!!!   
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »
Thanks Jack,

You just knew when to step in and lighten up a very heavy thread. You have impeccable timing!

Graham

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 06:17:16 AM »
Thanks Jack,

You just knew when to step in and lighten up a very heavy thread. You have impeccable timing!

Graham

Wala problema, brod!  8)   ;D ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Beatle

• Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »

All,
             like most of you all, I am married to a wonderful,kind,loving and beautiful Filipina, who I would die for.  I thank God no one has ever spoken ill of Salve or any of our Filipina friends.

Ray
If you treat a servant like a servant, you will lead a alone. But if you treat a servant like a leader, multitudes will follow.  Beatle

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »
Another example of this attitude........or a set up by a teen not getting her own way  ??? A cautionary tale none the less:

American jailed for ‘molesting’ helper in Quezon City

MANILA, Philippines - An American is now behind bars for allegedly molesting his 13-year-old household helper in his house in Quezon City.

DZBB\'s Louie Garcia reported early Tuesday that the suspect, initially identified as Bobby Smith, was arrested after the victim sought police assistance.

The Quezon City police\'s Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit arrested Smith at his house at Casa Nueva townhouse in Mariano village.

Initial investigation showed Smith started molesting the victim two weeks ago, when she began working for him. The victim said Smith would kiss and touch her.

But she decided to seek police assistance after Smith locked her in the bathroom for an hour.

Smith faces charges for violating the women and children\'s protection act.- GMANews.TV
If this is true, I hope she gets justice. But I do have to ask...What man in his right mind would ever hire a 13 yr old?
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Beatle

• Sr Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »
If this is true, I hope she gets justice. But I do have to ask...What man in his right mind would ever hire a 13 yr old?

Steve,

Someone who was looking to do, exactly what he did.
If you treat a servant like a servant, you will lead a alone. But if you treat a servant like a leader, multitudes will follow.  Beatle

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 11:55:23 PM »
We have to be careful prejudging others based on the words of a young woman or girl or any young person for that matter. Remember they will twist the truth to get what they want and manipulate the situation to their advantage, those of us that have girls for children especially 13 yr olds can attest to this fact. It is strange that the sexual things were not worthy of reporting until she was punished for something and locked in a bathroom. I think she decided to get her revenge on this man.

Similar situation occurred here at our house, we had a 17 yr old relative, i.e. cousin of my brother in law. Arrogant little Sh*t, here to help around the house, had lived in the province all her life, came to the big city to live with us. We caught her in the store serving customers, no bra, and loose fitting very open shirt, bending over in front of customer to show everything she had, on another occasion she was herd telling a customer that she tasted better than the candy he was buying, then started asking customers what sex was like, then the final straw, the family was going to church leaving herself and myself in the store alone, she begged my wife not to leave her alone with me, told her, I had been touching her. We packed her bags on the spot, put her on a jeepney and sent her back to the province.

Its hard to figure some people out especially the young ones.

We had another employee who swore to us when she came to work here that she was not pregnant, then it turned out she was, the ex boyfriend was angry and texted he was going to kill her, then my police friend intervened luckily, she was back to Bacolod on the next bus.

It is so hard to find honest workers these days who don\'t have ulterior motives, trying to get what they want from their rich employers and using deceit if they have to.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:35 AM »
It\'s a shame that it is so simple to discredit a man now a days... a lie that (about the 13yr old accusing the man) (if it is retaliation), can completely ruin your life... any young girl\'s accusation can easily devastate your life, here or in the US... The wise thing to do, is never never be left alone (even for a minute) with a female that is not your asawa!  Problem removed! Always be aware of your surroundings....

We have to be careful prejudging others based on the words of a young woman or girl or any young person for that matter. Remember they will twist the truth to get what they want and manipulate the situation to their advantage, those of us that have girls for children especially 13 yr olds can attest to this fact. It is strange that the sexual things were not worthy of reporting until she was punished for something and locked in a bathroom. I think she decided to get her revenge on this man.

Similar situation occurred here at our house, we had a 17 yr old relative, i.e. cousin of my brother in law. Arrogant little Sh*t, here to help around the house, had lived in the province all her life, came to the big city to live with us. We caught her in the store serving customers, no bra, and loose fitting very open shirt, bending over in front of customer to show everything she had, on another occasion she was herd telling a customer that she tasted better than the candy he was buying, then started asking customers what sex was like, then the final straw, the family was going to church leaving herself and myself in the store alone, she begged my wife not to leave her alone with me, told her, I had been touching her. We packed her bags on the spot, put her on a jeepney and sent her back to the province.

We had another employee who swore to us when she came to work here that she was not pregnant, then it turned out she was, the ex boyfriend was angry and texted he was going to kill her, then my police friend intervened luckily, she was back to Bacolod on the next bus.

It is so hard to find honest workers these days who don\'t have ulterior motives, trying to get what they want from their rich employers and using deceit if they have to.
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:57 AM »

Wow Wayne, that sounds more like it should have been placed in the \"This place is starting to get to me\' board. The only comments made here, were that this guy at the very least, was lacking in judgment having a 13 year old helper. You say we shouldn\'t prejudice others but you seem the have decided that this girl is most likely the guilty party here. Bit of a leap because of your experiences.

It is true, that we know what teenagers can be like but we equally know what some dirty old men can be like i.e. Gary Glitter, hence my comment with the original post.

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 08:06:28 AM »
All too often, yes even here on this forum, we base our opinions of a person or persons from what we read in a news report. This has not gone to trial, and may never, we more than likely won\'t follow it, money will change hands and it will be swept under the rug. Often it is the case with the poverty of a family that a 13 yr old will leave school and go to work in a house keeping role. No mention of an asawa was made in the report, also no mention if the girl was a day helper or a live in. My 12 yr old niece who we are hoping to adopt works in our store and lives in our house. Her cousin, our somewhat less reliable 13 yr old niece also works in the store, i.e. when she feels like it, she has a schedule, but never turns up, yet still wants to get paid.

But that aside, our last helper was 23, during some discussions I found out she had not attended high school and had been doing this since the age of 13, go figure, and in 10 yrs still hadn\'t learned how to cook, her one down fall. In every other area without a doubt the best worker I have ever had, if she knew something about anything she would make a great Entrepreneur.

Its just that the article is long on accusations and short on data to back them up, seems like a slander trip against the guy, the girl is painted in the best light and the guy in the worst, it mentions he is in jail, but not that he has been proven guilty. As for Gary Glitter he was proven guilty, Vietnam deported him, Hong Kong would not let him in and now is on his way back to the UK.

I have not decided anyone is guilty or innocent, he has been locked up, but how many have been locked up before only to be released when it is determined that they are innocent, as may be the case here.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline michael16136

• Sr Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »
Even \"guilt\" here seems to be a relative term: relative to how much money you have and relative to whom you know. Those with money and connections are rarely convicted of anything. In fact, they\'re rarely formally accused of anything. I have no idea whether this guy is guilty of anything other than being naive and I doubt anyone will ever really know. I do agree with Coutts though. Money will eventually change hands; he will be let out of jail, and the entire thing will be swept under the large rug of obfuscation and corruption that passes for a justice system here.