Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Puerto Princessa - Palawan  (Read 4970 times)

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
Re: Puerto Princessa - Palawan
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
Here\'s a short video of the boat trip on the underground river-

Small | Large

It\'s a bit dark, but you can get an idea of some of the rock formations.

Richard

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 01:58:09 PM »
Tks cefox, looks like a nice place, word of mouth reference is better than anything online!

Tks Richard, looks good, sent the link to our friend in Australia
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline Murphy

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
We really enjoyed our stay in Puerto Princessa also....I liked the pubs also. There was one in particular...wish I could remember the name..its very large..good food..mostly outdoors. You will see it if you drive by...you cant miss it. There were always a lot of different accents at the bar...many different countries just hanging out there.

We stayed at the Centro also...a little too fancy for us...didnt want flip flops in the restaurant...same with shorts...but hey, thats impossible. Gave us a room that the bathroom would flood...they knew it was an issue...said it was bad planning by the builders. They moved us when I asked for another room...but they were very snobby...my wife didnt like that.

Seems a very safe place....was told the crime rate was almost nothing.

The Caves were cool....literally...wasnt crowded....very nice beach. I enjoyed the lunch afterwards...on the beach.

We have some beach property there...working out the details for building on it...slowly but its coming along.

Have fun

Murph

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »
We really enjoyed our stay in Puerto Princessa also....I liked the pubs also. There was one in particular...wish I could remember the name..its very large..good food..mostly outdoors. You will see it if you drive by...you cant miss it. There were always a lot of different accents at the bar...many different countries just hanging out there.

Kinabuch?

Offline Murphy

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
Kinabuch!....yes...thats it...thanks Collin.
Im not a food expert...but I liked the atmosphere.

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Had two friends from Australia here for a short trip, we went to Puerto Princessa and stayed at Marina De Bay http://www.marinadebay-palawan.com/index.html.  Chose to take the 3 trip package, the river, Honda Bay island hopping, and the city tour, as we were all thirsty by the time we arrived there we amended the city tour to just the highlights and stocked up the esky with San Mig Light and set forth.

The river and island hopping were fine, and as to be expected from previous posts about it being overated. non the less all enjoyable.

Didn't do any nightlife in the city proper, we elected to buy fresh seafood in the wet market and have it prepared for us where we stayed.  A great result.

Next trip will be back to Boracay for our Christmas getaway...this will foil the other half's family's annual visit for collecting gifts and a free feed before not seeing them again until next Christmas, haha  :o

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
Had two friends from Australia here for a short trip, we went to Puerto Princessa and stayed at Marina De Bay http://www.marinadebay-palawan.com/index.html.  Chose to take the 3 trip package, the river, Honda Bay island hopping, and the city tour, as we were all thirsty by the time we arrived there we amended the city tour to just the highlights and stocked up the esky with San Mig Light and set forth.

The river and island hopping were fine, and as to be expected from previous posts about it being overated. non the less all enjoyable.

Didn't do any nightlife in the city proper, we elected to buy fresh seafood in the wet market and have it prepared for us where we stayed.  A great result.

Next trip will be back to Boracay for our Christmas getaway...this will foil the other half's family's annual visit for collecting gifts and a free feed before not seeing them again until next Christmas, haha  :o

I don't know Marina De Bay, but from the map it was only a short walk from where we rented for almost 5 years. There are a few small beaches along that stretch but it is not a place I would have looked for a resort; that section of coast is nearly all mangroves.

I understand your feeling about Christmas, New Year is our big problem. The whole extend, and growing, family have been descending on us every year and Bing has been dreaming up all different places to visit to avoid it this year. Personally i would prefer just to say 'no party this year'.

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
Colin, yeah, it was all mangroves with shallow water, nothing exciting, the place was fine tho, out of the way, a nice change from living here in the hustle and bustle of Malate.

NYE here is awesome, fireworks everywhere, no visitors last year, and we won't be letting the family know we are back for it this year either, told them all last year we would be away.

I dare say even if you tell them 'no party' they will still avail of your hospitality.  ::)

Bring on the silly season.