Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Bohol  (Read 5219 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Bohol
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 01:39:38 AM »
Beautiful pics Dave
I hope to get over there some day, if I can.
Although I was originally interested in retiring by the shore, I think I am going to look to the mountains for my retirement casa.
But owning a little beach party shack might still be a possibility
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 02:31:48 AM »
They say that the English are a nation of sea-farers because no-one ever lived more than a days walk to the coast (I think it\'s about 48-50 miles actually) ...well I just looked at Luzon and Davao and would say that no-one in the Philippines is more than 40 miles from the coast, so where-ever you settle it\'s not too difficult to get all the benefits of coastal living without the cost (for a week or so anyway).

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 03:27:50 AM »
Gloria\'s family is originally from Ilocos Sur.  The strip of land on the northwestern coast is an average of about 7 km wide from seashore to mountains.  We plan to have a home in the foothills of the Vigan Range facing the South China Sea.  I\'m planning on having a boat, which I\'ll simply keep down at the shore.  I can be from house to shore within 20 minutes and still have the benefits of an elevated site with fresh mountain air mixed with the salty fragrance of the ocean.  If I find the right site, I may build a small beach house for parties.     
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline randy_kofahl

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
The Bike club I belong to went to Bohol two weeks ago for a two day ride, and I was astounded! The roads on Bohol are the closest thing you will get to American roads. We cruised at 120 to 130 kph for 30 mins at a time. They are grooved concrete, center lines, no passing lines, the whole shebang!!! Ive got videos of the ride posted on YouTube if anyone is interested. Have some really great pics posted there also. Im thinking of moving to Bohol next year after our visit there. It is an outstanding island, and very clean. Take care, and mabuhay from Liloan.

Randy
Randy and Emy, sittin in a tree!!