Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Xmas in Intramuros  (Read 1458 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Xmas in Intramuros
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
We had a great time in Intramuros 24-26 Dec.  Stayed at Bayleaf Hotel corners of Murilla and Victoria(www.thebayleaf.com.ph) staff was very friendly and helpful.  Hotel has been open for 13 months so still very new.  Location in Intramuros was excellent would recommend for anyone doing business at Immigration or US Embassy.  Our room overlooked a portion of the battlements plus the golf course and further away Manila City Hall. Room included an excellent buffet breakfast for two at the penthouse restaurant.  Bed was queen size but very comfy.  Had to turn down the A/C upon arrival since the room was freezing, never turned it up for the duration of our stay.  Total for the 2 night stay was 6798.00 php thru an on line booking company.  Booking thru the hotel site would have been 7600 php for the 2 nights.  No advance payment was made and I paid the hotel cash at check- in.  Plan on staying here again for service, food and location.  Much better to me than Malate, Ermita or Makati.  There are nice restos in Intramuros plus sightseeing there to keep you busy for a couple of days.  Also the hotel has good food available but expect hotel prices.  Above the penthouse restaurant is a roof top bar that gives you 360 degree view of Manila, happy hour 5-9 pm nightly all the SMB you can drink for 480 php.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
Re: Xmas in Intramuros
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »
Thank you for the information, Chuck. I checked out the link you provided. The hotels looks very nice and looks very clean. Good to know.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Xmas in Intramuros
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
Chuck,

I'm so glad you had a good time in Intramuros!  And thank you for the link to The Bayleaf!  I'll definitely look into using them next year when we return.  The Sky Deck is where you'll find me!  :)

I checked Google Earth to find where in Intramuros The Bayleaf is located and found that it is next to Mapua Institute of Technology.  That's where my niece is studying to be a Chemical Engineer. 

Cool!   :) :)

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH