Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Harley Davidson Manila  (Read 17182 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Harley Davidson Manila
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
Sure looks like a huge monstrous bike for a big boy alright!
I like those big humongous headlights, gas tank and wide padded seat!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:22:09 PM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
In 2007 I bought a new Harley Ultra Classic, price was 21500 usd, had a tremendous amount of work done on it for a total of somewhere in the 38000 range.  It was a great bike for the states (good roads) but was heavy as hell.  I almost shipped it here, but in the end gave it to my son. 
Since I've been here, Tacloban City, I can't imagine riding that bike here on a daily basis.  If you took it downtown and found a place to park it would probably be over a curb or on a hill etc.  That bike would be impossible to get out of some of the places here.  Even getting it out of my driveway would be a pain. 
Would it be cool to have, yep..would it be practical to have here, nope....maybe a sportster.  Having said that, I would truly love to see the faces here when you rode it on the main street...103cu,90hp,102ft lbs torque stomping out through Basini Exhaust...I do miss that sound.......to my knowledge theres only one Harley here, in Tacloban and its a old iron head sportster.  There are a lot of Jap big bikes, I finally ended up with a Yamaha XS650 and a couple of underbones......but would I pay 30k usd for a harley here? Dont think so...Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »
The Harley Davidson Ultra Classic is a fine motorcycle and really finds it's place chewing up the wide open highway system of the Western United States where one can travel day after day all day long in the journey.  It might not be the best choice for the Philippine highway system.  YMMV...

I ride a Harley Davidson Road King in California and a BMW F650 GS Dakar in the Philippines.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:40:34 PM by ricemannv »