Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Hotels in Manila  (Read 6659 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
Re: Hotels in Manila
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
We booked two nights in the White Knight Hotel in Intramuros, walking distance from the Bureau of Immigration. It is a budget Hotel with the front entrance leading on to a rather rough area. However, the back entrance leads through a historic old arcade area with cafes and a museum coming out opposite the St Augustine Church. To the right of that is the La Mitre Restaurant, set up originally for the priests but now open to the public. Good food at very reasonable prices. We had a ground floor room that had windows onto the street so had fixed wooden shutters. This prevented people from looking in and us from looking out; it made the room rather dark. The shower was time shared between cold and slightly warm and very slow. A good location for BI, maybe the upper floors would be better.

We then went to the Pinoy Pamilya Hotel and booked for five days without pre-booking. The price was the same at the desk as Agoda advertises as a big discount, the same applied to the White Knight. www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/manila . They also advertise prices without 15% VAT and 10% tax. The Hotel was a 24 hour drive-in Motel with covered spaces for cars. We paid for the lowest price room but they upgraded us to a more expensive one. The room was clean with a good shower and helpful staff. The free breakfast was a Filipino buffet, not my usual choice but it was good for Filipinos and OK for me. I am a three times a week rice person, not the Filipino three times a day. It was a good location with a P60 taxi ride to the Mall of Asia and P60-80 to SM Makati depending on the traffic.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:31 PM »
I too have stayed at Tune Hotel. Clean and cheap no frills type place. Would stay again if the occasion arises

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
Wildbill, a place i enjoy is the Shogun.  Close to both airport and the MOA.  Clean, good service, free wifi and buffet breakfast included.  I've stayed for as low as $25 usd and the most I've paid is $38.  You can find it on Agoda. 

]http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/manila/shogun_suite_hotel.html?asq=jEj%2b7PqTb%2fDxwJOVqEw5S1KbZR8sFPVGjH9kL12Kt8HIIl%2fBwho%2fkLDJIAgItyqkuCfpqFb%2ffx6yeOGhht9VQ1%2bNkPLPxib%2fcFsOBE8HRzs1r4feRuE0eUEVM5TE73PF%2fCucCD2hm2w3gksEvTUwXUA9ZvKqYuIH382Z5Xz4lVY%3d&tyra=1|7]

Okay-- -please can some one advise me of a good clean not to exspensive hotel very close to moa mall of asia.? :D maybe one online where I can veiw the rooms .
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:12:54 PM by JoeLP »
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
Thanks will try that one sounds good to me :)