Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: MM/NCR Entertainment for Final Weekend of September  (Read 3000 times)

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
MM/NCR Entertainment for Final Weekend of September
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:21:46 PM »
For anyone interested on Friday night the 27th, in the NBC Tent at The Fort in Taguig they will have several disc jockeys running tunes.  Should be a real good event which I was going to go to with some other people but now, along with their own kids, they got stuck babysitting others for a few days.  Here is the link to the newspaper article.  Tickets can be gotten on TicketWorld.
http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2013/08/21/1114251/throwback-manila-nbc-tent-sept.-27

Also, down in Nuvali (Laguna area) there will be several bands on Saturday night the 28th along with some other festivities during the day at the Republic Wakepark.  This one is supposed to be a free event and everyone can go so about three teenagers and three children are getting tossed in to the back of the van and will be able to go along.  They also will have food stalls there.
http://www.bikesboardsbands.com/

Looking over the entertainment sites I always see plenty to do.  I'm sure why some people (not necessarily here) complain that the only thing to do is go to the bars.  Couple of weeks ago, I came across a horse racing facility down on the way to Lipa City which just opened up earlier this year.  And there is plenty more to do too.

Whatever floats your boat.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: MM/NCR Entertainment for Final Weekend of September
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
Can't get to those but I will be going to cock fighting in Medina on Sunday! (oops - is it a PC free zone here?)

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
Bud,

Many years ago, back around 1990, I married a girl in MM who
lived in Santa Ana. At the bottom of the road there was a horse
racing track, and there were many events there. Naturally, it was
called Santa Ana Raceway. I have no idea if it is still active, but if
you're into horse racing, and you are close to there, might be worth
checking out.

Graham

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
Santa Ana Track (just north of Makati) and buildings have been demolished. :(

Google earth is an amazing thing. 8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:44:47 PM by hitekcountry »

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Graham,
The only Santa Ana horse racing that I have heard of is the one in Naic, Cavite.  It is called Santa Ana Park or something like that.  Apparently, the other track you refer to was demolished as hikecountry mentioned.  I think that in Carmona there are several horse farms.  Not sure though.

No, I am not in to horse racing but had gone a few times (sulkys) each of the last couple of years I lived in NY.  I don't remember how but my friend and I somehow were able to place some bets the first year when we were still 17.  Where I lived in Florida (Jacksonville), all they had was dog racing.  I used to go to that 3 or 4 times a year.  Once in a while when down in Tampa,  I would hit the horse track they had north of town either in or maybe near Oldsmar.

I just look at it all as just a variety of things to do.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:08:07 AM »
Santa Ana Track (just north of Makati) and buildings have been demolished. :(

Google earth is an amazing thing. 8)

Whwn I purchased my PC back a couple of years ago it only
had 2GB RAM. With all the other programmes I had installed,
I had no room to fit in G/Earth. I recently upgraded to 4GB
and had the PC re-formatted at the same time. Had a lot of trouble
after that with the Inet failing.

I attributed that with PLDT having problems with the laying of new
fibre-optic cables.It now turns out that I have narrowed it down to
the Inet card, somehow it got damaged and it appears, from what people
tell me, that I have to buy a new motherboard.

So at the moment the PC is sitting on the desk, and I am using a borrowed
laptop. I have never really had the need to use G/Earth in the time that I've
had a computer. I did have it on another PC I had, but only for curiosity value.

Graham 

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »
Google Earth has been know to cause conflicts with other programs, and I too had problems with at first causing it to freeze up my computer or not connecting to the internet. I consulted the dedicated forum for Google Earth and did what they said to do and haven't had any problem since. I wish I could remember what it was I had to do but it was a pretty easy fix is all I remember. It has been about a year since I did it, and I have a hard enough time remembering what I did this morning. I think it was changing a simple line in reg edit with step by step instructions given.