Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Overstayed  (Read 24038 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Overstayed
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »
Chuck,
Again, welcome back home from your ordeal and yup, they were surely expensive lessons learned!
Since you will be applying for your 13a I would assume that you will be getting married soon or you already got married since your return! Congrats!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:31:03 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
Chuck,

Sorry to read about your harrowing experience.  However, all's well that ends well. It was a good choice for you to pay all the fees and fines.  Now you're back in the Philippines.  Good for you.  :) 

Good luck on your 13a application. 
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
bigrod.. Glad you got everything fixed.. Cant believe B.I asked for you cooperation with filing a case against the agency and then put you in the slammer for 108 days and then deportation!! Idiots.
I know a few guys here that are single that have 12 month visa`s from agents.. They do not believe me when I tell them there is no such thing as a 12 month visa here!
They really do believe that the agency they are using is trustworthy and has given them a valid visa..
I think its up to the B.I to investigate on behalf of these naive foreigner tourists and close all of these illegal outfits down.. In all of these fake BB stamps and visa scams there are corrupt Immigration officials at the heart of it all. They are the ones that should be in jail.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:32:11 PM by fred »

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »

[/quote] Most Filipino`s that I have come into contact with do not seem to feel this way.. Its certainly not something that I have experienced anyway.
[/quote]

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this statement. If you travel abroad, you must abide by the laws and rules of the host country- regardless of how we view them from our perspective.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
Hope all goes well for you in future Chuck. It just shows that, even if innocent, when you get into trouble in the Philippines it is a whole different ball game to that from our native countries.
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
Update:  Went Friday Jun 13th for my Visa waiver (29 day) extension to the Santa Rosa BI Office.  Extension processed with no problems, they did make a copy of the Blacklist Removal Letter and the attached ORs.  Our lawyer called the head of the office in advance(she had previously worked for him at the BI) and we sat in her office during the processing of the paper work. 

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 12:27:50 PM »
Chuck, Congratulations!  I believe you are in good standing with the BI now.  Happy for you  :) .
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Good for you Chuck!
I guess Friday the 13th was you lucky day!
Visa extension applications are not that difficult to do, I've been doing it at our local BI field office myself for many years since 2000 without a travel agent!
Long ago, I had our local travel agent do our ECCs before my wife acquired her dual citizenship, but afterwards we started to do our own ECCs and or visa extensions prior to our BB stamp's expiration.
I'm now on my 3rd 6 month visa extension good up to 24 months under the provision of RA6768 MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD 02 011 dated 11 February 2002, which states:
All Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa under Section 9a of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 as amended, for a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid. Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions
Ever since my wife acquired her dual citizenship, it's just myself now to do my own BB stamp, visa extensions as required and or my ECC if already stayed more than 6 months and plan to leave the RP.
I'm not qualified to apply for dual citizenship due to a technicality (long story) under the Philippines Constitution Law of 1935 concerning my birth in the Philippines to a U.S. citizen father and a nonsequential Filipino mother who had no say in the matter. 
I will eventually apply for a Special SRRV for U.S. retired military members or as a last resort, a 13a permanent alien resident visa!

Chuck,
You may also want to check this out since you already have your 59 day tourist visa extension since Friday the 13th!
You can just do the new LSVVE 6 month visa extensions good up to 36 months before one's 59 day tourist visa is about to expire and can now be done at any of the new listed 28 BI field office locations of the Robinson Malls that are presently open for business!       
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:38:46 PM by Art, "Just a re(tired) Fil-Am" »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!