Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 5407 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Moderators
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
I sense sarcasm in the responses. No need for it. Everyone is stating their opinion and that is their right. Absolutely no reason to be sarcastic in response to another's personal view point. This is what starts the downward spiral of the thread which will be closed. 

Offline shortman

• Sr Member
  • This account is now being used by his widow
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
Great medic; bombing someone and constantly pointing at the condition they already know they are in doesn't help, but to anyone reading the posting on the matter, if you are heading for the self same condition or experiencing low cash don't wait until the unthinkable happens but do all you can now to prepare for unseen circumstances and keep up on immigration matters;.... good job medic... :)
Effective November 2014 this account is now being used by Lar, Shortman's widow.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
In turn though, I don't like people coming on here belly aching and blaming it on everything else other than on one's self who got themselves in a bad predicament he/she put themselves in to!
No sarcasm here and not being "so high and mighty", but just the plain honest truth and or POV concerning the rantings from the OP!
Anyway, it's up to admin or one of the moderators to determine to lock this topic or not!
Besides, anyone on here can just press the "Report to moderator" button if one is offended by any remarks posted on here they feel are inappropriate according to the forum rules!   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:44:39 PM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »
Hi divs.

Sorry to learn about your predicament.  It was very good, selfless and magnanimous of you to help others and not asking anything in return.  However, you should've helped yourself as well - by not overstaying in the country. Who else is going to help and take care of Number 1 but Number 1?  Now, the very people that you've helped lost a wonderful person, a good provider. You've been deported and blacklisted and you only have yourself to blame. No one else's.

It's going to cost you a lot of money and time to be able to get back into the country. That is, if they even allow you. You can always try.

I wish you the best and good luck.   
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
I became an over stayer in my late teens early 20`s after putting all my savings into a family business here which at the time was sound..
Of course,things went tits up and my elders had to look for work abroad to get us out of this new situation.. Unfortunately this was during an economic down turn in Europe so it took two years ++ to receive my emergency funds to pay and fix my visa issues and an air ticket home..
My job whilst waiting for funds was looking after the younger members of the family.. Quite a task for a young single guy with no income!!
s*** happens in life and and its times like that,that you learn lessons that are (or should) never be forgotten..
My fault?? I don't think so..I was just a kid being loyal to my family.
Sarcastic,curtain twitchin naysayers??
Insignificant nonsense they spout IMO.. :D

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:26:16 PM by fred »

Offline Oz Paul

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
In turn though, I don't like people coming on here belly aching and blaming it on everything else other than on one's self who got themselves in a bad predicament he/she put themselves in to!
No sarcasm here and not being "so high and mighty", but just the plain honest truth and or POV concerning the rantings from the OP!
Anyway, it's up to admin or one of the moderators to determine to lock this topic or not!
Besides, anyone on here can just press the "Report to moderator" button if one is offended by any remarks posted on here they feel are inappropriate according to the forum rules!

Well said,  ;D 8)

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
I am not in agreement with the following comment from an earlier post.

"Just a heads up for those of you who uses travel agents, certified or not  in the processing your visa extensions for you! "DON'T DO IT"!"

There is a reason that agencies get accredited by the BI.  According to the BI, it makes them legit when it comes to the handling of visa extensions.  Although, that does not necessarily mean that an agency not on the list would automatically not follow and adhere to the law and not follow proper procedures.

I do agree though.  If I had the need for such service and an agency was not on the list, I personally would not use them for such service.
Whatever floats your boat.

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 01:13:32 AM »
So let me rephrase that Bud, "allegedly" licensed or certified, but not necessarily accredited through the Bureau of Immigrations and that was my intention or meaning for saying, "DON'T DO IT"! Just by bad for wording it incorrectly! I went back to my OP and worded it to that effect as to not put down all travel agencies, which I know your girlfriend owns and operates one!
Good catch Bud for bringing that to my attention!   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:25:12 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 05:03:48 AM »

Do you mean a Global Moderator like Medic3500?   :o  ???  ;D   :D  :D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 05:40:05 AM »
But no one pressed the "Report to moderator" button!
Is there a "Report to Global moderator" thingy to click on? ???  :o ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:02:18 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »
So let me rephrase that Bud, "allegedly" licensed or certified, but not necessarily accredited through the Bureau of Immigrations and that was my intention or meaning for saying, "DON'T DO IT"! Just by bad for wording it incorrectly! I went back to my OP and worded it to that effect as to not put down all travel agencies, which I know your girlfriend owns and operates one!
Good catch Bud for bringing that to my attention!

Thanks Art.  That sounds a lot better.  The yearly fee isn't bad but it takes quite a few pesos for the bond, along with all the accreditation from every other organization you can think of to be on that list.  The ones that are deserve to be able to reap the benefits of their customers, who want that service, being able to be confident in the agencies services.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »

No Art, there is no "Report to Global Moderator" button.  But, we do have a Global Moderator named Medic3500.  Catch my drift yet?   ;)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:00:42 AM »
No Art, there is no "Report to Global Moderator" button.  But, we do have a Global Moderator named Medic3500.  Catch my drift yet?   ;)
WillBill was the first to catch your drift Jack and I'm sure everyone has too, but your Global Moderator aka Medic3500 hasn't yet even acknowledged the congratulation/salutation from WB! Shy?  :o ;) 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:57:58 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:25 AM »
Thanks Art.Thats why I deleted the comment....I would not want to get shi. on my nose.I am sure you follow me on that.and I dont kiss butt just to make friends.any where at anytime.:) :o
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:48:32 AM by wildbill »

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »
OK Bill! "I got cha"! I follow you on that! You can click on the Report to Moderator button anytime to get a Global Moderator's attention! ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:40:28 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!