Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 5419 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Moderators
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
Well, allow me get up on the soapbox.  I am Dan, aka medic3500. I've been coming to the Philippines since 1977 and moved here in 2012.

Don't know yet if being a Global Moderator is a good thing or ulcer promoting position. I stepped up to the plate and offered to help out where I could since I have the time and no one else was.

Not looking for any kudos or pats on the back, it's a thankless job due to sarcasm that flows freely when one performs their job and for the most part most don't care what goes on behind the scenes to make these forums work and flow.

I have read and understand the guidelines the owner of the group put together, they are pretty straight forward, flexible in some areas and not at all in others. I will follow these the best I can.

I do have a slightly dark sense of humor and may find some remarks humorous that others may not. That is only because I worked in and around the medical field mainly on the Forensics side and EMS for many years and it is considered a coping mechanism, Your emergency is not my emergency, I learned that a very long time ago, get my drift.

Thanks Gray Wolf for the opportunity, much appreciated. Looking forward to working with the others.

Dan

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
Dan,
Congratulations for stepping up to the plate!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »

Congrats Dan, being a mod has its pluses and minuses, just try to enjoy the pluses without letting the minuses get to you. One big advantage you will have is that you can always pass borderline issues up to Jack who has lots of experience running this forum.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:32:12 PM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »
Congratulations Dan
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Oz Paul

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
G,day Dan. :)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
OK Bill! "I got cha"! I follow you on that! You can click on the Report to Moderator button anytime to get a Global Moderator's attention! ;)
----- May I Quote you on that.:)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:21 PM »
Good for you Dan..... :o 8) :-\-----I am so Happy for you. for stepping up.when They needed a good man.Congrats...But you wont find me posting to much on here.mostly. I just use the info.and I have been coming to the Philippines since 1983.I don't post alot.because I have a short Fuss some times.But.I am good at controlling.my anger.I just Hate stupid...stuck on stupid......Like wheres your sign....take care Global Moderator...I think I have seen you before in SM Lipa.in front of KFC...just for your info.....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:54:56 PM by wildbill »

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »
Holy crap.  We have got some kind of military style or type collar devices or something on here that I never noticed before.  I saw one guy with five of them even.  I thought the last five star went away when Bradley kicked over.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
Holy crap.  We have got some kind of military style or type collar devices or something on here that I never noticed before.  I saw one guy with five of them even.  I thought the last five star went away when Bradley kicked over.
-------GEEE HAAAA....maybe so ...Budman.Some forgot there sign.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:18:21 AM by RUFUS »

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
Actually Bradley retired the five star, but I promoted myself to six stars, looks pretty cool on the collar two rows of three.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
And yes Bill I too remember that day and I thought it was you but didn't know you at the time.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »
And yes Bill I too remember that day and I thought it was you but didn't know you at the time.
O_ you know you wer  such a snob,high pride,,,I looked right at you to say hello.but you looked the other way.I told my wife maybe he is one of those who thinks I will ask for his info.I don't ever ask why or how anyone lives here.its none of my Bissness so next time say hello dam u...you know medic I'm from GA and we are very friendly folks.down south of the masion Dixion.I don't know about you...I am Redneck and proud of it.now living in this Philippines and loving it to...and GW even if you meet me and ask me.I would never be a Global Moderator, way to much Grief.some times/. I like Peace not War....you know I tell that to my wife .but she likes War mostly.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 01:25:30 AM »
Actually Bradley retired the five star, but I promoted myself to six stars, looks pretty cool on the collar two rows of three.
6 stars, two rows of three?
(See below thumbnail pic for a 5 star General insignia)  http://www.history.army.mil/html/faq/5star.html
Your 6th star can go right in the middle! Would look cool, I think!  :o ;)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:37:04 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 02:04:25 AM »
Just so everyone knows, we didn't create the emblems.  It's just a part of the  Simple Machines Forum toolset.

Dan was kind enough to offer me his help and is helping me with the day to day kennel cleaning.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 04:52:15 AM »
Well done Dan for taking on what may be a fairly thankless task, trying to keep a bunch of keyboard warriors under control.
Appreciated by all, but berated by a few I should imagine.

the reason I like this forum is that generally bitching between members is fairly minimal. The golden rule of 'attack the post, not the poster' is a good one to follow.
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house