Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Check in thread for just saying hi  (Read 97833 times)

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
Re: Check in thread for just saying hi
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 01:42:25 AM »
Now some people might be wondering why I am posting more of late, the answer is that I started a new medication a few months ago and my head seems to be finally clearing up somewhat, so that my thinking process is starting to return quite a bit as there was a time for a while that I could not even figure out how or when it was time to eat, now that is really bad for me who loves to eat.  ;) I am still having a hard time writing and doing some things but I am probably around 60% better for the time being and hoping for more, not that I was ever good at writing in the first place but for a while there I could not get the cobwebs out of my head at all.  :(

Glad your meds are sorted out Lee. I am sure the forum will be a grateful benificiary of your greater output. Looking forward to when you reach 100%  :)
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
Hey we got kitchen cabinets- the push to the finish is begun.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
Looks very nice shoe make

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »
Hi Stephen (shewmake),

Nice cabinets.  Can you maybe post more pictures of your new home and/or construction pictures but in a separate topic, like in Building in the Philippines forum? 

(Link added by Admin - http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0)

That would be so great and much appreciated. Then we can ask questions about construction tips or where you bought your fixtures, etc.

Cheers and thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:22:16 PM by Gray Wolf »
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2014, 08:49:37 PM »
@Shewmake, cabinets look nice, hope you keep us updated on your progress. Could you possibly start a new thread, possibly in the Building in the Philippines section, I think that is where it would fit 

(Link added by Admin - http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0)

:-\ and please keep us updated in it, that way it would be easier to come back to and all members and readers might gain from it. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:22:44 PM by Gray Wolf »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »
I will be getting back to the Philippines on Sat 17 May via Philippine Airlines.  Finally going home to General Trias, Cavite.  Have not been home since the morning of 2 Aug 2013.....was apprehended at Main BI office for fraudulent Visa stamps.....Bicutan BI detention center 108 days......deported 18 Nov 2013.....leaving San Francisco going back 15 May.  Will explain all later on here to hopefully help others from having the same problem I did.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 12:15:38 AM »
Wow Chuck, hope you got all your immigration problems worked out. Yes please post more when you have time so others can avoid the same issues.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 01:03:57 AM »
Wow Chuck, hope you got all your immigration problems worked out. Yes please post more when you have time so others can avoid the same issues.

Lee have copy of removal order of lifting of my placement on blacklist, plus copies of the six(6) Official Receipts required to pay all fines and fees.  Per BI and my lawyer there should be no problem reentering the Philippines.  Still crossing my fingers and praying all goes well.  Also I did not personally make/or intentionally procur the fraudulent Visa stamps.  The lifting order was signed by Commissioner Mison on 25 Apr.

Chuck

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
Good to know, I am sure things will be okay since the commiss signed the letter. let us know?

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »
Wish you the best of luck on your return Chuck. We are up the road from you in Silang Cavite.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2014, 06:40:29 AM »
Hopefully we can make contact upon my return.  Love going in the Tagaytay direction.  Some nice restaurants in your neck of the woods.

Chuck

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »
Advance welcome back home Chuck!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Travelguy

• Sr Member
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 01:12:58 AM »
Hello to All,

I am new I was born in a small farming community in NE Saskatchewan, Canada, alot has changed sine then but I have lived and worked in Canada for over 60 years, wow a long time. In 2017, I am my to my new home, my new life in SE Asia , the Philippines.
I was married for 18 years have 2 married .daughters and 2 grandchildren. I am now again living single and no I do not have any filippine girl friends. I am coming for the weather, the culture and the people. My family can come and visit me here and I know they will.

Enough about me, HI :) HI :)  HI   :)

I hope one day I can meet you  in person, shake hands and have coffee together.

This is my new dream lol  :) :) :)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:57 AM »
Hi Travelguy, if you happen to be in Cebu City any year from Feb to around the end of May, my wife and I, or just I would be happy to meet up with you for a chat and some coffee and a definite hand shake.  8)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:23:57 AM by Lee »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 02:14:44 AM »
Welcome aboard travelguy,
I never heard of anyone working 60 yrs or is it you worked within those 60 yrs? That would put you at a young age of in your 80s or close to it! You must love doing what you do work wise or is it out of necessity? What made you to decide on the Philippines to make your stomping grounds? Have you visited any other countries before?
Anyway, good luck with your plans to come here for the weather, the culture and the people in 2017! 
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!