Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Check in thread for just saying hi  (Read 97818 times)

Offline Travelguy

• Sr Member
Re: Check in thread for just saying hi
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
Art, what about lease, could a person get for less than 1M Pesso, like a 20 or 30 year lease. How many bedrooms do you know. If we not married to filipino.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
Don't know much about leasing, but just do a Google search about leasing property in the Philippines! Below is one example from Google! I always ask Google a lot of questions and they always provided the info! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=leasing+property+in+the+Philippines&gws_rd=ssl

BTW, when we used to live in Subic back in 1998, SBMA that they call it today were renovating all of their housing to lease out at P1 million for a 25 year lease! Just check out their website and see if they are still leasing their renovated homes on the base of SBMA.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SBMA+home+leases&gws_rd=ssl

They also have newly constructed condos for rent or lease, but I'm sure those are more expensive!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:18:16 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 12:05:21 AM »
Art, what about lease, could a person get for less than 1M Pesso, like a 20 or 30 year lease. How many bedrooms do you know. If we not married to filipino.

It's Piso, not peso or pesso. 

How many bedrooms do you know?
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Motörhead

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2014, 03:03:17 AM »
I wonder if we should not have a thread all to itself, for daily, weekly, monthly or whatever checking in. Well lets see if there is any interest and if there is, then maybe Jack will make a thread just for checking in.

My thoughts on this is that often members read the forum and some post while others rarely if ever do, well I was thinking, yes I know that can be dangerous,  8) how about if all a member has to do is post a quick hello, or something like I am having a great life in the Philippines, or I hope to have a great life in the Philippine, or whatever, just so we all get to know who reads this forum and possibly what their interests in the Philippines might be about.

For those of you who do not know me, I have been married to my lovely wife for coming on 20 years now and we have traveled back and forth to the Philippine since getting married and in the recent years since I totally retired, we have been visiting yearly and spending 3 or 4 months a year in Cebu while also traveling around the Philippines visiting family and friends. My wife and I just got back to the US this week, so

so far it has been a great year, how about you? How is your life going?

Great idea for this topic Lee.

My wife was born in Bohol and moved with her family to Cebu at an early age. Her father is an engineer and her mother was a production manager for Vermedes (producers of dried fruits) in Cebu. Sad to say, her mother passed away three years ago -- hard to believe it's been that long...

Anyway, we are happy together and life goes on. How about other members?

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »
Happiest I have ever been is here, of course I miss a few things from the States, But for the most part I love it here...Yesterday was my 67th birthday, damn I never thought I would see that...had a few friends over, broke into the Jim and Jack for celebrating ....
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »
Happiest I have ever been is here, of course I miss a few things from the States, But for the most part I love it here...Yesterday was my 67th birthday, damn I never thought I would see that...had a few friends over, broke into the Jim and Jack for celebrating ....

Happy birthday namesake. I turned 66 not long ago, so we are around the same time frame in life and I also never thought I would make it this long. Each day is a blessing and I am the happiest I have been too, with my wonderful wife, wherever we are.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
Happy belated Birthday Lee, (Lee's namesake)!
In 5 days I too will be 67!
No plans yet if I will be celebrating my birthday, since I haven't in years!
I'm just happy to be alive and still ticking/kicking!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:41:11 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2014, 09:52:21 PM »
Happy belated Birthday Lee, (Lee's namesake)!
In 5 days I too will be 67!
No plans yet if I will be celebrating my birthday, since I haven't in years!
I'm just happy to be alive and still ticking/kicking!

Thank you, advance happy birthday to you Art. I know how you feel, I too am just happy that I am still on this earth after some of the episodes I have had in my life.

Life is great when we plan for our futures and even better when we are with the correct woman.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
Happy birthday you guys.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:40 AM »
Happy Birthday Lee (Coleman). May God Bless you with many more.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
Happy birthday to both of you guys.  Art thought I was older than you, but I will not be 67 til December.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, it would seem its going to be and extended bday party, as several of my friends could not come the other night. Had duty etc...so I guess they will be over this weekend..red horse, snacks and a general good time..its funny, that as all of them are Filipino, well educated, speak English fluently, but still are amazed im as old as I am.....I suppose most of us are very fortunate to have grow up in our respective country's where we had the benefit of decent medical care....here it seems our age and the shape we are in when we get there is something of an amazement for them...
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 09:00:21 AM »
Happy Birthday, Lee and I wish you many more!
I'm "only"61.
Mike........

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:39 AM »
Happy Birthday, Lee
Many, many more to come and wish you the best.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline trev.

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:48 AM »
Happy birthday Lee and Coleman. Hope you both stay healthy and live a long life. Myself, i am 72 yrs.old and 100% healthy. Knock on wood. Almost every day i am ask by my filipino friends how old i am. Amusing to see the look of disbelief on there face when i tell them my age. Reach the point where i often say 62. or does not answer.  I  cycle with a group of bike riders from my town and i am stronger than most of them in the hills. I have never seen anyone over the age of 65 who is athletic here.
Age is just a number and should never control ones life style