Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Our condo  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Our condo
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
Well since others are posting about their homes, I figure I might as well give you guys some info on our condo. We started out with two very basic 40.01 sq meter units and then cut a hole in the dividing wall making them into sort of a 2/2. The condos we bought came with tiled floors, toilet, sink and a kitchen sink on a concrete cabinet and not much more, so we had a lot of work done to them. Below is how one looked before and then once we had the wall removed so we could add a sliding glass door so we could use the balcony for more than just run off for the wall unit a/c units it was designed for.

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Our condo
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
I am not too good at organizing these as they happened back a while ago so I am just going to toss in some photos to give people an idea of after.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
Some more.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
A few more

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »
Nothing special at all and it looks like hell when compared to some homes I have seen posted on this forum and elsewhere but for us it beats staying in a hotel room and we will not get hurt at all if we have to sell them and should be able to double our money since the costs have more than doubled since we bought them and besides that we already had an offer for double a few years ago and my wife did not wish to take it. Also what you see in the photos is only one unit.

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »
That's a nice condo, Lee. What material is that above the tile in the CR? Looks like wood. Is it that wood-look tile?

I like the tiled balcony and the way it bumps out. Nicer than just a regular box balcony.

JD

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 05:05:02 AM »
That's a nice condo, Lee. What material is that above the tile in the CR? Looks like wood. Is it that wood-look tile?

I like the tiled balcony and the way it bumps out. Nicer than just a regular box balcony.

JD

Thanks JD but it is far from anything compared to some we have seen but at the price we paid, I cannot complain. I had wanted to sell it and buy one slightly smaller maybe 50 sq meters, so as to use less electric to cool it and in a much nicer building but the wife would have none of it.

The CR top is just some type of paint and maybe varnish, we were not there when they did that part so I am going by what it looks like to me up close. The bottom is tiles and they did add a nice border to make the tiles look a little fancier.

The balcony is my favorite spot because of the view and how nice it came out. It would have been very small if it was only one unit but since it is two units, then the balcony is around 20 feet long and we had the wall moved back into the units around 8 inches to make the width a little wider as well.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
I really need to see if my wife has some more recent photos but here are a few from 2010

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:43 AM »
Lee, I forgot but you said you are in Cebu right? I went there on five different vacations checking in over the years, and if not for the my wife wanting to settle closer to the family, would probably be there today. Cebu has much to offer and there are times- I wish . . . . The benefits of a condo are no yard work, better security, views most of the time, and the greatest on, to me, no roosters :). Looks like you've made a comfy place to stay when here.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 06:14:21 AM »
Lee, I forgot but you said you are in Cebu right? I went there on five different vacations checking in over the years, and if not for the my wife wanting to settle closer to the family, would probably be there today. Cebu has much to offer and there are times- I wish . . . . The benefits of a condo are no yard work, better security, views most of the time, and the greatest on, to me, no roosters :). Looks like you've made a comfy place to stay when here.

Yes we are in Cebu City.

The condo is comfortable for us but there is still some rooster noise and even booming radios once in a while which come from way down below us if we leave the doors open and the a/c off during the evening but we like living in a condo so much due to the lack of work outside, a quieter environment for the most part and more control of how neighbors act, so we sold our home in Florida last year and moved into a condo in Florida too and have never been happier. I do have to add that the condo in Cebu is probably only maybe 20% of the one in Florida and both places are not perfect, yet we both prefer the condo life for the most part and Cebu being centrally located and with an international and domestic airport, makes it easier for us to fly in and to fly around the country when we have visited family in Mindanao and outside Manila and my wife has a two sisters and a brother as well as many nieces and nephews who live on the west coast of Cebu which played into our decision to buy in Cebu City, close by but not too close.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:08:11 PM by Lee »

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Nice condo Lee, especially with the balcony and views you have. A condo is also more secure for your situation of only living there for a few months a year.

We have family staying in our Philippines house as we only visit annually. But conversely, when I retired, we sold our UK house and bought an apartment there so we could lock it up and leave it when we are able to spend longer periods in the Philippines. Of course with a condo in each country you have all bases covered!
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
Thanks Paul. When we bought them it was with the idea of living there full time but plans change. Our view to the left is of the mountains and straight out is some hotels with ocean in between but as condos are being built all over, we now only have some peeks of the ocean between buildings in that direction but to the right so far we have a nice view of the water between Mactan and Cebu City and more to the right the ocean with Bohol in the far distance. Of course views are limited to clearer days when there is less pollution, such as after a rain storm.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:20:41 PM by Lee »

Sisa

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
i love how you've turned everything around and make it not look much like a condo

Offline Mentalist

• Kamote
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 04:34:56 PM »
hello, may i ask for the location of your condo and what property? it looks really great and i might try renting there.  :)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
hello, may i ask for the location of your condo and what property? it looks really great and i might try renting there.  :)
Our condo is in Cebu City by Cebu City Capitol, the building is nothing special, apartments are what you make them yourself or what the owner made them.