Author Topic: Forum meet up  (Read 43703 times)

Offline ronnsb

• Sr Member
Re: Forum meet up
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
I will be in the Philippines Feb 6th to Feb 23rd 2015...and hopefully most of October of 2015.
Ron in New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
Lets just ask the NSA for a list of the expats on this forum that live here full time and what regions their in

Then get Homeland Security yo provide us a list of  members intended travel dates here

With that info we can plan the most suitable place for the get together to be held

Should be at least a 5 star Philippine Resort offering fish on the stick, running water, a generator and warm beer, air condition rooms optional

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
haha you missed bucket for shower and commode without seat
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline rubydave

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:44 AM »
It would be great if you could be there Jack but I am sure we all understand if you cannot make it and I understand if my time frame does not fit in with when the others would wish to have the meetup.

That's why I suggested we set up more than one.  Make it a semi-regular gathering once every 3 or 4 months.  That would give those of us who don't live there full time a chance to make at least one of the gatherings. 

The dates don't need to be carved in stone, just a tentative time.  Then when a few can gather, they set a place and time here so others can make arrangements.  I also like Dan's suggestion that we pick a small resort as the central meeting place.  I'm sure that we can get some deals along the way to make it worthwhile for all, even those who plan to attend only as a day trip and not an over-nighter.

"meetup" is a good suggestion for expats... hoping my hubby & i can join w/ you guys sooner or later since we're planning to live in PH...

Offline lelang1130

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
Cool....am open flying to Cebu for this reunion...I just wish more ladies will sign up for this or I'll bring along my batallion of gay freinds....hahaha
Good, better, best, never let it rest until Good is Better, and Better is Best!

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 04:33:46 PM »
Only a battalion? Another thing I love about the Philippines vs the US, I am not trying to make trouble is the live and let live on that topic- mostly. :)
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
 ::)

Offline itsmalineA

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 07:24:24 AM »
It was just a thought and I think it will be fun meeting people like you all in person!! ;)

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 08:09:02 AM »
Im for a meet anytime or anywhere. February seems more appropriate for some here? I have never been to cebu and it is on my list of places to visit eventually.

Offline Killjoygreg

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
Will try and make the meet. Only ever passed through Cebu on the way to Bohol. Would be good to spend a few days on this island. Will be back in the Philippines from mid November to early February. If can't make the first get together then one in the future shouldn't be a problem. Turn 60 next year and am thinking of retirement, in which case would spend longer periods in the PI.
If the health holds out plan to do quite a bit of traveling. Never been to Palawan or Mindanao yet. So many places on our bucket list.

Offline pcoumbe

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
Something to ponder about locations. It might be worthy to consider a small resort of sorts and work a deal with the owner as what happened at 100 Islands for the other group I'm in. He can accommodate what we send and has blocked those two days for the group function. They will also provide evening buffet and breakfast buffet. 750php per head includes room, both meals and use of facilities for the day. All the owner has requested is guaranteed deposit since he has closed the place for those two days. If I'm not mistaken I think the individual making the arrangements is the owner or at least a close relative of the owner. I would think there is someone on here that has those types connections. It's a win win for all the the owner as he gets near full occupancy for those days and if it it off season great business for him. For the group everyone stays in one central location.

I guess you'd be talking about "foreigners and filipino friends" and their recent get together trip I was reading about while in Aust ? That's a pretty good point and sounds as though they had a blast and were well catered for doing it that way.

My dates aren't in concrete yet but I would expect to be home around mid Jan for 3 weeks and Cebu is very easy as I can get a direct flight from Legazpi or maybe ride a bike if the weather is okay.
I text BEFORE I ride and yes that is an open pipe, but my helmet is good and my license is current.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 09:47:54 PM »
Update on myself and my wife. I was delayed due to some medical issues and tests, so we will be in Cebu City before the end of Feb and we would be happy to meet up with anyone who would like to, in March and part of April. Sometime in April we plan on being in CDO and then Bukidnon and then back to CDO for a total of maybe 10 days. If anyone is interested in meeting up then let me know and I will be happy to private message you my Philippine cell number.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:49:34 PM by Lee2 »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Zak Sparrow

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 12:25:24 AM »
I'm game!! hope I can make the trip whenever it takes place.....I'll put in a pitch for a location.....try the resorts in Iba, Zambales. It's still an overlooked spot 2hrs west of Olongapo by victory liner. The resorts there are reasonable and the beaches r second to none in the phils. hope it stays that way.
Always face piles of trials with smiles

Offline Jaycelee

• Be happy!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »
goodluck to ur reunion guyz :-)
enjoy and be safe! god bless u all! :-) :-)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 06:55:20 AM »
My wife and I are in Cebu now should anyone wish to meet up after a few days when my I get my head together and get some shopping done. The older I get the harder these trips are on my body. :(

Well our trip did not go bad but it also did not go great, in Florida the flight was delayed for one hour 25 minutes with only a 2 hour layover thus by the time we deplaned, meaning we would miss our Atlanta flight to Seoul but as luck had it, that flight was also delayed by 20 minutes so we were able to run to the train and then run to the gate for that flight and got there 10 minutes before it left but the gate door was already locked but the attendant was able to open it for us and of course our luggage did not get to that flight, so when we finally arrived in Cebu it was without 4 pieces of luggage.

Next as we were finally in our condo and just about ready for bed the people who handle the luggage called to tell us they located the luggage with their computer and we would get it the next day. They called again last night to say the luggage is in Cebu and will deliver it tomorrow, now if the contents are intact and they actually deliver it tomorrow, then all is well.

BTW if any of this does not make sense, then please excuse me, as my brain that usually runs badly is right now running even worse. :(
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.