Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: What does Veterans Day mean to you?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
What does Veterans Day mean to you?
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:32:47 PM »
November 11 is Veterans Day! To me, it reminds me of all the past and present veterans who have and are serving our country to protect our national sovereignty and our democratic society for all living in America and since the Philippines and other nations were involved, I also thank those other nations who fought along side our American solders when and where ever they have served in order to preserve our freedom and sense of security!
I praise and give thanks to all the veterans past and present!   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:41:09 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: What does Veterans Day mean to you?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
What it means to me is, God bless all of you who serve and have served, the US or any nation.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »
For me, its a time that I reflect on those that are no longer here, thank God for those that are still here, and watch the ones play that will be our future Veterans. 
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »
I never served, so I donít know the bond of those who have. I have nothing but respect for those who have served past and present. I think we should thank those who serve to ensure our freedoms all the time.  We might not agree with the why, but they go, they die or they are injured in body and mind.  This kind of service should not be treated lightly. God bless you all.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:37:15 PM by Shewmake »
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline trev.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 10:07:18 AM »
Me also i never serve, unfortunately. I salute all the veterans for their dedication and sacrifices to our be love country.
Much, much respect.

God Bless.