Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: NEW Model of Honda Motorcycle  (Read 4980 times)

Offline Big daddy Ray

• Our Palawan Experience
  • Sr Member
    • Our Palawan Experience
NEW Model of Honda Motorcycle
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:34:33 AM »
When I get to Palawan in October, one of first order of business is to purchase a Motorcycle. I have had bikes for years. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Honda XR150L. It is new this year. I am about 250 lbs so I need something with a little power and off/on road ability. It looks like it is reasonably priced and I do not want anything over 100K pesos. Input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray
Meeting the right person as your partner in life that laughs at your farts.... is a blessing!

Offline tagatubos

Re: NEW Model of Honda Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »
I donīt have this bike and no experience of it, but still answer of it..

I had before yamaha ybr 125 and I am just a little lighter as you are. Only worries with that ybr, was those busses and other bigger vehicles, who tried to overtake where ever..
horsepower where needed on those places to skape out from though places. Other wice, nothing problem at all... only 9Nm on use, if even so. Honda have some more power on use.
What i am thinking of, is tires and parts for a new bike model.. are those parts reasonably on hand?
Price is really tempting and brand is good.. thanks for this input! Hope we get soon some comments from users.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:30:26 AM »
tagatubos make s a very good point.  there are just so many crazy drivers here you want a bike that can take your weight and be able to take off when needed.  You'll also want a bike that can handle the road well to also dodge the crazies. 

I can't talk about the bike you're asking about as I also have never been on one, but the size sounds like it can do the job in the power department.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 06:28:24 AM »
My Friend has a HD Soft Tail for sale nice bike says he can not enjoy riding it here as the roads are too dangerous and it draws to much attention contact me off line if any one would  like his number

Offline Big daddy Ray

• Our Palawan Experience
  • Sr Member
    • Our Palawan Experience
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 08:55:14 AM »
UPDATE: After serious consideration I found smaller was better so I settled for a Honda 125i Click. It carries my big butt well and my Asawa fits on the back with no problem. It is very smooth and has plenty of power. We use it for our daily transportation. I would recommend any expat look at this bike. With full insurance I paid 92,000p. Any questions just ask...I would be glad to answer them. If you want to see it, I did a video on it at "Our Palawan Experience: I buy a Click on youtube.
Meeting the right person as your partner in life that laughs at your farts.... is a blessing!

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »
Ray,
   Saw the video and showed it to my wife. We like the auto shutoff feature. Keep up the good work with the videos!

Tony and Jelma

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
UPDATE: After serious consideration I found smaller was better so I settled for a Honda 125i Click. It carries my big butt well and my Asawa fits on the back with no problem.
It's a scooter! I'll pray for you!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6iwANUAKo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6iwANUAKo</a>
I'd rather have one similar to this, a 4 wheel ATV !
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsQ5pUIf7PM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsQ5pUIf7PM</a>
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
Yup - those Quad bikes are the best option for us older farts. Excellent dealer (from Wales) in Butuan who has a big selection.

Offline Big daddy Ray

• Our Palawan Experience
  • Sr Member
    • Our Palawan Experience
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
Thanks guys for the prayers, but I am completely comfortable on a motorcycle/scooter...have been all my life....I have found there is a natural flow to the way the Filipinos drive.... and if you can follow that, then you should have no problems driving here even without stop lights and stop signs at intersections. Filipinos are actually quite courteous here in PPC. You have the occasional idiot... me included, but I find it easy to travel here on a scooter. As I get older..I will probably  change my mind as my reactions slow....but for now...I am fine with it!

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 05:15:07 PM »
i have a mio sporty scooter i been useing it here in imus everyday i go along the highway lots and BD is right there is a system in the madness i love scooter when traffic is backed up just go around it on sidewalk areas or on opposite sides of road where ever it clear u can go. farthest i been is imus to tagaytay all highway so rather easy trip . only problem im having with scooter is the battery wont hold a charge now and dealer say no warranty the scooter less than a year old :(

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
I'll pray for all of you on those scooters! I've ridden big and small bikes before in the U.S. for many years without any accidents, but after arriving here in the Philippines and seeing a lot of people on bikes big and small as their daily commuter and see so many accidents almost every week that I realize that when "one's number is up" in the Philippines, "it's up"!
Not once have I ridden or had the urge to ride a bike here in the Philippines, because just riding around the bend would probably be my last I'm seen or heard of again. So for me, I say "no" to riding two wheels of any kind, except for maybe a 3 wheeler with the two wheels in the front (gas or electric) http://tinyurl.com/ja6yrkz and or a 4 wheel ATV, if I couldn't afford a vehicle.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:24:24 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!