Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Craft Beer Sta Rosa  (Read 2042 times)

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Craft Beer Sta Rosa
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
Art, this is in your neighborhood!!   I will be visiting this place for sure:

CRAZY CARABAO BREWING COMPANY (CCB)
Sta. Rosa, Laguna

The latest microbrewery to open in the Philippines, Crazy Carabao Brewing Co. (CCB) aims to deliver the freshest and finest locally made boutique beers to quality establishments throughout Metro Manila and beyond. I love the design and packaging of their four flagship beers whcih are inspired by Philippine culture. I especially liked the Tarsier Wheat Beer (4.6%) and Exit Wounds IPA (6.5%).

crazy carabao brewing company philippines tarsier wheat kalinga kolsch tuff tuko pale ale exit wounds IPA

Launched in late 2015, the Crazy Carabao Brewery has a state of the art facility with a capacity of 2000 Ltr per brew (20HL), which can be found in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

Beer variants: Tarsier Wheat Beer, Kalinga Kolsch, Tuff Tuko Pale Ale, Exit Wounds IPA

Where to try Crazy Carabao Beers: I got to try the beers during BrewFestPH 2015 in Circuit Makati, which was their first public appearance. While the beers are not currently available in the market yet, the brewers are working on distribution. The beers will be available in Global Beer Exchange’s The Bottle Shop in The Fort and Magallanes.

Facebook: Crazy Carabao Brewing Co.
    For more information on how to order, please contact Brad Hannam – 0917-8420969 or Odell Lim – 0917-5207350

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Craft Beer Sta Rosa
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »
Art, this is in your neighborhood!!   I will be visiting this place for sure:
CRAZY CARABAO BREWING COMPANY (CCB) Sta. Rosa, Laguna
JJ,
While you're at it, don't forget to drop off a few bottles for me to try, before heading back to Tagaytay! Just kidding, I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore, but will drink one now and then on occasions where ever and when ever we're invited to a pot luck dinner, but they only serve "Miller Lite" beer (pee water) or "SMG" beer in small bottles, which is OK by me as long it's free. ::) ??? :o ;)
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »
I'm with Art, any beer that is free is good. Ok not really but if you drink enough the results are always the same.

Offline mikbal

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 02:20:57 PM »
      When I can't get free beer, I buy WOS beer (Whatever's On Sale). :)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »
If you are looking for a decent beer S&R carries a German(formerly E. Germany) beer Oettinger that comes in 4 pks, .5 ltr each can.  It comes in four types ranging from 5-9% Alc Vol.  First had this in 2009 at the Century Park Hotel, Malati.  Not cheap but worth a try for a change of pace. 

Chuck

Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:20 AM »
UPDATE,

for those of you that appreciate a great beer, I finally made it to Crazy Carabao brewing co in Sta Rosa Laguna.
I bought a case and the guy gave us 2 for the ride home (I didnt drink it on the way home).
The pale ale I opened last night had the perfect amount of hops and made me vow never to have a san mig again.
Really great beer, they just opened last month!!!!!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
UPDATE,

for those of you that appreciate a great beer, I finally made it to Crazy Carabao brewing co in Sta Rosa Laguna.
I bought a case and the guy gave us 2 for the ride home (I didnt drink it on the way home).
The pale ale I opened last night had the perfect amount of hops and made me vow never to have a san mig again.
Really great beer, they just opened last month!!!!!

Thst sounds good! I appreciate a good hoppy beer every now and then, just to clean the palate.  :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH