Author Topic: Obong Spring, Dalaguete  (Read 1369 times)

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Obong Spring, Dalaguete
« on: March 02, 2016, 11:32:49 PM »
We took the family on a trip to Obong Springs, south of Dalaguete. We were told 14 would be going, so I rented an 18 passenger Hiace van. Van picked up family on Mactan, then my wife and I in Cebu. Surprise, 26 were packed in.  :o  Luckily about 15 of them were children.

About a 3 hour drive, mostly along the coast. Mostly lush, green and beautiful once we were a few miles south of Cebu City. Huge trees often canopied over the road.

We stopped at Simala Church about half way. Very pretty, but has been turned into an extremely crowded tourist trap. Too bad.

The children loved swimming in the spring fed cove, surrounded by mangroves. The family picknicked on lechon and pancit they had packed for the trip. I ate fried chicken I picked up at Jolly Bee a few miles before arriving. OK, I admit I'm a spoiled Kano, especially where food is concerned.

This is a dawn to dusk trip, but the family really enjoyed it. All talking and laughing at once all the way there and back.

We are hoping to work in a trip to Moalboal next. I would really like to see the mountains on the way there.

I tried to attach pics of the trip, but the post would not go through. Guess my wifi connection too slow. I'll try again in a separate post with fewer pics.

Tom.
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Obong Spring, Dalaguete
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 06:55:17 AM »
Nice report Tom, thanks for sharing it, the wife and I would like to do some of those trips one day. Your trip reminds me of the Filipino joke, how many can fit in that van, at least one more.

As for being a spoiled kano, you are not alone, I think I am much more spoiled than most.  ;)
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 07:51:34 AM »
Looks like a nice place for a family day long trip outing South of Cebu. 
Here's some Pictures from Google:
http://tinyurl.com/hk2elbo
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
We did a road trip, with family, last year down to Bicol.  Next road trip on the schedule (this May) are the Rice Terraces in Banaue and Batad, with a one or two day trip to Sagada (they have a craft beer brewery there :)  ).  Once we get the house finished we are hoping to explore more and more.