Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Cost?  (Read 5087 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Cost?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »
Jack,

Almost all offer international postal, it goes 3rd day same as fedex 3rd day, but at a lesser price, it all comes airfreight. My suggestion is to have it delivered to a business here if you have a friend with a business who can receive your mail. Businesses tend to receive their mail better than residences. Look on http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ps_006.htm#ep2291836 for international rates to Philippines it is all explained there. When asking for freight, request plain packaging, no logos to give away what is inside although the customs info will tell them that, its less incentive for it to go missing, also make sure you take out the insurance option.

Wayne

Business address...very good suggestion, buddy.† Plain packaging?† I would never have thought of that, but also another great suggestion, as well as the insurance option.† Thanks buddy!†  You\'re certainly proving your worth here on the forum!† We should all take note of these suggestions for shipments to the RP.

Thanks Wayne!†
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:18 AM »
The other option as far as shipping is concerned if you are not concerned about time is the Balikbayan Box. But this means you have someone who can send one for you...and to you. If you do I recommend putting the valuable stuff in the middle, have your friend or family run down to the local linen supply house, every body always needs good cheap towels to give away to family and friends as some sort of Pasalubong or just because you can. And some Ukay-Ukay from the Salvation Army for good measure. It will deter customs from looking too much further should they be interested.

Wayne
Wayne† ;D ;D

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:41 AM »
Wayne sorry about misspelling your name ;D ;D ;D stillbilly2002