Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: tagaytay, cavite, laguna area  (Read 5107 times)

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
tagaytay, cavite, laguna area
« on: June 23, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
I think there are a bunch of us living relatively close to each other.  (as in the subject line, I am talking about cavite/laguna/tagaytay).
We should all try to get together sometime for some beer and nonsense conversations.   There are a ton of clubs, cafe's, beer joints in tagaytay.   Politics or religion talk bawal
Would anybody be interested?

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: tagaytay, cavite, laguna area
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:46:38 PM »
Yes it would be interesting, but not a weekend or holiday.  Traffic is ridiculous then.  Breakfast at Antonio's is a nice place for late breakfast or early lunch.  Twin Lakes has multiple restaurants also the Tap Room plus shops for the asawas and a great view.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »
We should do it.  Hopefully I can put faces on these aliases.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
We should do it.  Hopefully I can put faces on these aliases.

You can go first and put a pic as your avatar  ;)
Londoner at heart

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »
You can go first and put a pic as your avatar  ;)

I'm planning on meeting Jeff next week in Tagaytay.  You should come.  The more the merrier.

Repaired quote box
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:57:44 PM by Lee2 »

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 04:42:41 AM »
I'm planning on meeting Jeff next week in Tagaytay.  You should come.  The more the merrier.

Repaired quote box

Too far for me, Im in Davao.
Londoner at heart

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »
Too far for me, Im in Davao.

Cmon.  It is only an hour away.  My friend in Davao has been inviting me to visit her for quite sometime.  She lives close to the airport.  Planning on visiting her after the rainy season.  Maybe we can have a beer or so when I visit her.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 12:00:08 AM »
Cmon.  It is only an hour away.  My friend in Davao has been inviting me to visit her for quite sometime.  She lives close to the airport.  Planning on visiting her after the rainy season.  Maybe we can have a beer or so when I visit her.

I reckon it must be close to 1,000km, so you must drive a lot faster than me if you can do it in 1hour....... ;)
Londoner at heart

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
I reckon it must be close to 1,000km, so you must drive a lot faster than me if you can do it in 1hour....... ;)
I'm talking about flying.  :)

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 05:36:50 PM »
I'm talking about flying.  :)

Yeah I kinda guessed that  ;)
Londoner at heart

Offline RinaldiMan

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »
If your planning to have a get together there are a lot of good restaurants in Tagaytay. Just to share based on experience is Balay Dako they are famous for their Bulalo, they are located at Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway, Tagaytay City, and is open everyday around 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Its a nice place to have a good time. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:27:05 AM by RUFUS »

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
Yes it would be interesting, but not a weekend or holiday.  Traffic is ridiculous then.

I've been hearing that a lot. Some relatives went down to Talisay from Manila recently and spent four hours in traffic. When we went in 2011 we travelled around Tagaytay, Lake Taal, and Talisay etc and I really don't remember much traffic at all - we seemed to have the road to ourself! We had a straight traffic-free run down from Manila too. It sounds like that's where everyone now heads to on the weekend?

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
I've been hearing that a lot. Some relatives went down to Talisay from Manila recently and spent four hours in traffic. When we went in 2011 we travelled around Tagaytay, Lake Taal, and Talisay etc and I really don't remember much traffic at all - we seemed to have the road to ourself! We had a straight traffic-free run down from Manila too. It sounds like that's where everyone now heads to on the weekend?

I can get from home to in Gen Trias, Cavite to Tagaytay in about a half hour on a weekday.  Will not even attempt it on a weekend or holiday.  Getting their not that bad just terrible to drive once we are there.  Still hit some shops/restros during the week there at times.  Great bakery at Twin Lakes for homemade cheese cakes and raisin bread, etc. Also a Santis Deli for cold cuts and cheeses.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time