Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Visa  (Read 527 times)

Offline Bob Johnson

Visa
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:33:26 AM »
I retire next year and wife is planning June 2020 trip to PI. I am American, wife naturalized US Citizen. I will stay and oversee finishing her house. She will stay one month, not sure how long I will be there. Wonder if I should try for a Balikbayan or a 13(g) visa. Tourist visa with renewals sounds like a pest. I don't think the SRRV visa is for me, as I am not retiring in the Philippines and must return to the states periodically (I have separation anxiety from my AR-15. Actually we have a house and business here). My family is from the Philippines, so am familiar with culture and living conditions. The fil-am community here in Springfield, MO is huge, and are extremely helpful. The property is in Manila, her province is Abra in northern Luzon. I have never been to the Philippines.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: Visa
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:51:39 PM »
I am on Balikbayan, in fact this is my second one.  It is free, extremely easy and convenient.  It's given at the immigration desk on arrival and is good for one year.  The only pre-requisite is that you must arrive together with your Filipina spouse.
Londoner at heart

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Visa
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »
I am on Balikbayan, in fact this is my second one.  It is free, extremely easy and convenient.  It's given at the immigration desk on arrival and is good for one year.  The only pre-requisite is that you must arrive together with your Filipina spouse.

Bob.

Like David, I arrived with my wife and she asked at NAIA Immigration for a "Balikbayan Visa" for me. No problems. Nice lady stamped 12 months stay in my passport.

It's best to carry some proof of your marriage status. We had our UK Marriage Certificate, as some have been asked for proof, but "our lady" didn't. 'suppose we looked honest.  ;) ;) ;) LOL!

Better safe than sorry.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,