Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Forum Is Back Up  (Read 930 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Forum Is Back Up
« on: September 18, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »
To all,

I received a PM from Gerlie a couple of days ago advising me that the payment had been made for the hosting this month by an old friend of Don's. I am not certain how this will work out, but for now we are back up and no loss of old posts as far as I can see.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue. I'll pass along any new info I gather off forum.

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Forum Is Back Up
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »
To all,

I received a PM from Gerlie a couple of days ago advising me that the payment had been made for the hosting this month by an old friend of Don's. I am not certain how this will work out, but for now we are back up and no loss of old posts as far as I can see.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue. I'll pass along any new info I gather off forum.

Jack

That's good news Jack.  We're still having connection problems (only this site though) from the Bataan. It's taking 4 or 5 minutes with numerous re-sends/re-loading, before we connect.

Some connection, I suppose, is better than none.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:54:56 AM »
I received a PM from Gerlie a couple of days ago

Thanks for the update.  Good to hear from you.

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
Good news thank you

Bob

Offline Hank

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 11:01:12 PM »
Jack kindly writes

To all, I received a PM from Gerlie a couple of days ago advising me that the payment had been made for the hosting this month by an old friend of Don's. I am not certain how this will work out, but for now we are back up and no loss of old posts as far as I can see.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue. I'll pass along any new info I gather off forum. Jack

Yes, please do pass on news of any possible further developments Jack. This Forum has earned an enviable reputation and is now certainly a very positive historical document amongst everything else .. and hence as such it is much too valuable to be allowed to simply slide into oblivion.

Moreover, surely the Forum should continue on and be encouraged to grow, simply as a most fitting legacy to Don and to his lifetime love for the Philippines as a country.

It would indeed be hard to think of a more fitting and appropriate legacy to the man and to his achievements.

Kind regards all,

Hank   

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 06:51:48 AM »
Hi guys,
The site went down for a day but is now back up. Sorry about that. God Bless.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Kurt

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 05:00:17 PM »
That is splendid news, well done.
Cheers
Kurt