Author Topic: Visa Stamp Transfer from Old to New passport  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Visa Stamp Transfer from Old to New passport
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »
As most folks know, it's a BI requirement when a resident "alien" is issued a new passport from their country, it must be produced at the BI to have the visa transferred and the passport number recorded on the BI database.

Today we did the biz at BI HQ Intramuros. In and out in about 75 minutes.

Procedure.
Download, print and fill out, in "folio/legal" size, the following 2 forms from the BI website, before you go. It makes it so much easier. (A "Legal Size" folder (8 1/5 x 14 inches) to compile your docs, is one of their requirements, so you can get that beforehand as well.)

1. BI Form 2014-10-002 Rev 0 "Application For transfer From Old/Lost/Cancelled Passport - General Instructions."

2. BI Form 2014-10-004 Rev 0 "Application for Transfer, Amendment/Correction/Stamping"

I had all the correct bits and pieces, as far as I could, in the folder before we left home. Items 4 and 6 on the checklist are stamped by the BI staff.

Our experience.
We arrived at the BI at 06.50. The doors opened at 07.00 on the dot. I was directed to window 22 (first window on the right, facing the main entrance.)
Handed over my folder and both passports (old and new) at 07.05, for checking. The nice guy asked where we had come from. Bataan said the missus and he replied, we won't keep you long  then. He gave me back the folder and told me to take it to Room 308.

Upstairs we went and handed the folder and passports to another nice guy at Room 308. He said we'll have it ready for you in about an hour, why don't you go and have breakfast and come back in an hour.
We did, in the downstairs canteen, and returned at 07.45.

At 07.55 I was called back to the window at Room 308 and given my passports (old and new) back with a stamp in the new one.

08.05 We got a taxi outside the BI heading for the Genesis bus terminal in Avenida. The bus left at 08.30 and at 09.45, we were outside Robinson's Mall in San Fernando Pampanga, waiting for the doors to open.

All in all, another very pleasant experience with BI Intramuros.  :) :) :) :) :)

Hope this helps someone.

Peter

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:56:22 PM by Peter »
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Visa Stamp Transfer from Old to New passport
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »
I should of course have mentioned the fees.

Well, it was Zero. Nada. Zilch. S F A! Not even an "Express Lane" charge.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Peter

As most folks know, it's a BI requirement when a resident "alien" is issued a new passport from their country, it must be produced at the BI to have the visa transferred and the passport number recorded on the BI database.

Today we did the biz at BI HQ Intramuros. In and out in about 75 minutes.

Procedure.
Download, print and fill out, in "folio/legal" size, the following 2 forms from the BI website, before you go. It makes it so much easier. (A "Legal Size" folder (8 1/5 x 14 inches) to compile your docs, is one of their requirements, so you can get that beforehand as well.)

1. BI Form 2014-10-002 Rev 0 "Application For transfer From Old/Lost/Cancelled Passport - General Instructions."

2. BI Form 2014-10-004 Rev 0 "Application for Transfer, Amendment/Correction/Stamping"

I had all the correct bits and pieces, as far as I could, in the folder before we left home. Items 4 and 6 on the checklist are stamped by the BI staff.

Our experience.
We arrived at the BI at 06.50. The doors opened at 07.00 on the dot. I was directed to window 22 (first window on the right, facing the main entrance.)
Handed over my folder and both passports (old and new) at 07.05, for checking. The nice guy asked where we had come from. Bataan said the missus and he replied, we won't keep you long  then. He gave me back the folder and told me to take it to Room 308.

Upstairs we went and handed the folder and passports to another nice guy at Room 308. He said we'll have it ready for you in about an hour, why don't you go and have breakfast and come back in an hour.
We did, in the downstairs canteen, and returned at 07.45.

At 07.55 I was called back to the window at Room 308 and given my passports (old and new) back with a stamp in the new one.

08.05 We got a taxi outside the BI heading for the Genesis bus terminal in Avenida. The bus left at 08.30 and at 09.45, we were outside Robinson's Mall in San Fernando Pampanga, waiting for the doors to open.

All in all, another very pleasant experience with BI Intramuros.  :) :) :) :) :)

Hope this helps someone.

Peter

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »
I should of course have mentioned the fees.

Well, it was Zero. Nada. Zilch. S F A! Not even an "Express Lane" charge.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Peter
Wow. In Iloilo, they wanted to charge me an additional P3220 to stamp my new PP. I told them forget it, I'll just carry both PP.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:36:01 PM »
Wow. In Iloilo, they wanted to charge me an additional P3220 to stamp my new PP. I told them forget it, I'll just carry both PP.

Aarrrgh!

I think (therefor I am, or something  ;D ) the passport stamping is done at BI HQ. Not justifying that amount, but maybe a transit charge is involved.
Although they didn't charge extra to send my ACR-Icard to the sub-office in Olongopo, when I renewed it at Intramuros last year. It did take about 5 weeks to travel from Intramuros to Olongopo though. 100 klicks or so?

Different folks, different strokes.  ::) ::)

Peter
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:42:02 PM by Peter »