Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Marriage in USA contrasted with it in Philippines  (Read 22740 times)

Offline Pelican

Marriage in USA contrasted with it in Philippines
« on: October 19, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »
Simply, I've been faced with the 'undying' love of a two month relationship who insists on marriage in USA, as opposed to Philippines.  I suspect ulterior motive.  What are the major reasons a Filipina would demand this?  Thanks for any input.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Marriage in USA contrasted with it in Philippines
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »
Simply, I've been faced with the 'undying' love of a two month relationship who insists on marriage in USA, as opposed to Philippines.  I suspect ulterior motive.  What are the major reasons a Filipina would demand this?  Thanks for any input.

Pelican.

I assume you are in contact with a Filipino, not a Fil/Am

The practicalities of getting her/him to the US, after a relatively short relationship must be very, very small, if not impossible. Some folks have reported waiting for years for the correct visa to have their intended join them in the US.

The most likely reason, I would posit, for the author of 'undying' love of a two month relationship" to wish to be married in the US, would be they would have to travel to, and be in, the US to marry there; and when there, who knows if "Bye bye sucker!"  :( :( is the real reason.

Most Filipinas we know, want their wedding to be celebrated in front of their family and friends. In the majority of these instances, the family and friends are in the Philippines.

Just my, somewhat cynical, thoughts.

Peter - 73

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:18:15 AM by Peter »
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 06:06:00 AM »
I'll call this a dice roll?
Many Filipinas(o) still believe the land of the big PX is still the greatest dream in the world.. and for some it truly is even after living here many years.
And you are correct Peter...we had a family we knew back in Minnesota that waited 19-20 years under the system. I said to Moma  " I hope it is the dream they thought it is or otherwise that is a long wait to be disappointed".
Go for it...what do you have to lose...all marriages are a gamble.
MS

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:58:32 AM »
undying love after two months?   I am assuming you are here in the Philippines already and have spent considerable time with this woman.  Is that a correct assumption?  Two months is not very long at all, under any circumstances.  Having said that, I agree with Peter.   If you agree with Peter, it may be time to reevaluate your undying love.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
True JJ...the honeymoon fragrance may still be in effect.....ouch if not physically together that may be the...just the physical beautiful Filipina magnet attraction.
As for me I know Filipinas are best fishermen in the world.
Hard not to get hooked by some of the most beautiful women in the world....physically, mentally, familywise,...the FOOD  and all around, etc, etc etc!.

I  support ya follow your feelings Pelican.
MS

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:52:09 AM »
the 'undying' love of a two month relationship

I met Ester through an old school pen pal club.  Magazine posting.  Courted her though snail mail.  We had very little face time.  A couple of years worth of slow motion thought sharing.

We just celebrated our 25th.

What you are describing is possible.  Unlikely, but possible none the less.   Falling in love is easy.  Staying in love is hard damn work.

So double check your package.  Which head is doing the thinking?   Then double check her to the best of your ability.

If your still game after that then all the best of luck to you.  Just remember it's the small things.   There is no such thing as trivial with a woman.  Especially a Filipina.

A foot rub on a Tuesday night will get you more mileage than all the gifts and flowers and bling.

Hope that helps.

Offline Pelican

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »
Thanks one and all.  The proposition requested remains, '...me, plus American citizenship'???  She has daughter and brother in America, citizens of different states, apparently incapable of helping her.  The possibility of being primary in her life now seems, as someone stated,'... a crap-shoot.'  I needed your wise suggestions, even though painful.   

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 10:09:46 PM »
Red flag. With undying love, it shouldn't matter where you are married. I would spend at least 1 month with her person. Yup. You need to fly to meet her. Her brother and daughter are citizens of different states (like Alabama and Texas - US  citizens?). Why can't they petition for her? None of their acquaintances in the States are interested in this lady? It takes longer than a marriage visa, but it's still possible. A fiance visa will cost you several hundred dollars and take 6-8 months and you have to have met at least 1 time in person. There are plenty of young, childless women in the PH. Keep looking.   
Never argue with an idiot who provides false information. First, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 02:47:56 PM »
Probably would be undying love if in the Philippines but bad news if you move to the US... I'd rethink this relationship it's already off to bad start or even worse you'll be stuck with a high maintenance woman.  So does she have a maid or special assistant (slave) also?
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »
Thanks one and all.  The proposition requested remains, '...me, plus American citizenship'???  She has daughter and brother in America, citizens of different states, apparently incapable of helping her.  The possibility of being primary in her life now seems, as someone stated,'... a crap-shoot.'  I needed your wise suggestions, even though painful.   
If her daughter is a US Citizen,  she can petition the mom and it does not take for ever.. brothers and sisters are another thing.  There are expenses however....

It can be ok,  but look really close at everything.   If you have the means to do it,  go spend some more time with her in PH.   Also... depending on your situation and abilities there are thousands of girls in the Philippines that will be happy to choose you most likely,  especially if the deal includes US Citizenship and marriage that results in legal claim to your money if divorced.  There are some really good girls and bad ones.  The point is that the choices are much more than one...

After getting to the US,  she can just run away and go find her other relatives to live with.  Not saying that will happen,  but it can and does sometimes.  There is nothing about being from the Philippines that makes girls any more honest than other places...

Good Luck
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline Pelican

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 02:56:01 AM »
Once again thanks.  From Cotabato, Mindinao and a non-Christian, she was negotiating a real estate squabble.  She confided that she was shot 9 months ago, but her attackers are now dead. (?)    The story is true.  I withheld that before to get some objectivity.  She actually carries a weapon in her car!  (So, much for true love!)

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 07:31:39 AM »
Shoot...5.56.... no objectivity from me....I would do an internet marriage ASAP and open a new joint bank account with her name on it.
Add her in on a new will and make sure to get her covered on MED/DEN....by the way what is your SSI number?
If she is carrying a PPK that smells sexy and you can't go wrong....she is the New James Bond(Ette)!
But the only way to know if she is a Filipina telling the truth is she will always carry an Armalite hidden away so inconspicuously.

Or the ultimate but unruly repugnant test would be to have her send you a flatulence sample...and if it smells like SPAM you hit the Goldmine bro.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 07:50:43 AM by MotorSarge »
MS

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 02:16:24 PM »
Interesting lady Pelican she'll keep you busy Lol...   I'd probably remain in the Philippines though she'll bet bored in the US.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »
Shoot...5.56.... no objectivity from me....
But the only way to know if she is a Filipina telling the truth is she will always carry an Armalite hidden away so inconspicuously.

< .... From Cotabato, Mindinao and a non-Christian,  .... >

Err? Armalite? Her CV will probably include coming first in a weapons handling course on the AK. The Chinese rip off one, with the built in, folding, pig sticker of course.  ;) ;) ;)

Peter - 73
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 12:08:10 AM »
lol......spilled my coffee everywhere.
Keep alert over there, like others have stated plenty of great single ladies looking for true love, marriage and a great life. 
MS