Author Topic: Hello from Pensacola Florida  (Read 248 times)

Offline spin

Hello from Pensacola Florida
« on: October 27, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »
Hello every one,  my name is Bob and I've been a member here for some time but never posted beyond my second post until today. Should be retiring in a few more years in the Philippines.  Hopefully I can gather some needed information from this forum. Wife wants to live in Bataan or somewhere near Tagatay. Id like to buy a hector or two to build home and grow some fruit trees. So far from what I've found online prices are crazy high for land, so that may not be an option for us,  we'll see.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:29:45 PM by spin »

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: Hello from Pensacola Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 03:55:58 AM »
Hello Bob.  Use to live in Orion, Bataan.  The prices do get high there.  A lot of coastline for a province of that size.  Then you have tourist spots like Mt. Samat and Corrigedor Island and a few other spots.  When I looked to return to the Philippines a little under a decade ago, I was not looking for any places in Bataan. 
I went back for a visit in around 2011 and just inside a few years the growth was more than noticeable.  The prices are probably only going to keep going up. 
Best of luck.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Hello from Pensacola Florida
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 07:20:07 AM »
Hello every one,  my name is Bob and I've been a member here for some time but never posted beyond my second post until today. Should be retiring in a few more years in the Philippines.  Hopefully I can gather some needed information from this forum. Wife wants to live in Bataan or somewhere near Tagatay. Id like to buy a hector or two to build home and grow some fruit trees. So far from what I've found online prices are crazy high for land, so that may not be an option for us,  we'll see.

Hey Bob. Glad to see you posting. I recommend not buying anything online. The prices are outrageously high because they figure anyone online can pay an astronomical amount. Instead, do some searching with boots on the ground. And whenever you can, let your wife be the first face they see. Even better if they never see your face until the signing. We asked around about property in Ilocos Sur and were told about a few acres with no house that sounded perfect for us. But once they discovered a "rich" American was interested the price went through the roof.

Good luck!  :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH