Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: 13a before comming  (Read 1892 times)

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
13a before comming
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
ok im asking for a friend . shes been married very long time to a british man but they both lived in canada both canada citzen . she is here in ph and husband wants to come stay as i told them easyer to get in canada then no one year probation. my question is can he get the visa with out her going back to canada?

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: 13a before comming
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »
Okay I'm not familiar with the Requirements from Canada but that's how I got my 13a from the US I did it all through the mail system, my wife was in the Philippines, it took me about two months because they had some questions on my health so I had to have the doctor draft a letter explaining.

My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »
thanks for reply M.C.A. will inform them of the info im sure canada similar to USA for visa stuffs .

Online Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »
thanks for reply M.C.A. will inform them of the info im sure canada similar to USA for visa stuffs .

Please make them aware, they will dealing with the DFA staff initially, when they/he contacts the Ph Embassy. The DFA may not be up-to-date on the current rules and regs. and that may bring some delays whle they toss questions back to BI etc.

It would be advisable to download and print the 13A requirements and info from the BI website to quote from, as the DFA may not have access to the latest BI rules and regs.

Good luck to them with their applcation and future here.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »
Peter makes some good points the papper work isn't standardized and actually it's different in the US but I don't know about Canada... So when I arrived here with my Permananet Resident Visa already afixed in my passport (make sure your passport is fairly new if possible) I had two weeks to get my ACR card  and they sure gave me the run around and even I had to check in with their own medical team in another building it took all day long and then I had to come back two weeks later for my ACR or Permanent Resident Card also this card has to be renewed every 5 years, cost is $50 USD. and you also will need to check in between Jan - Feb it's called the annual check-in with your ACR card and passport the cost is 310 pesos.

Found out all this stuff the hard way with many fines.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 05:04:36 PM »
Peter makes some good points the papper work isn't standardized and actually it's different in the US but I don't know about Canada... So when I arrived here with my Permananet Resident Visa already afixed in my passport (make sure your passport is fairly new if possible) I had two weeks to get my ACR card  and they sure gave me the run around and even I had to check in with their own medical team in another building it took all day long and then I had to come back two weeks later for my ACR or Permanent Resident Card also this card has to be renewed every 5 years, cost is $50 USD. and you also will need to check in between Jan - Feb it's called the annual check-in with your ACR card and passport the cost is 310 pesos.

Found out all this stuff the hard way with many fines.
Not only that but every 2nd renewal (10 yrs), they force you to replace it for another P1650 on top of the US $50.00.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Online Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:25:44 AM »
M.C.A. makes a good point.

(make sure your passport is fairly new if possible) 

A friend was required to renew his passport as the BI (Intramuros) wouldn't process his paperwork as he had less than 6 months validity left.

Peter

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
Not only that but every 2nd renewal (10 yrs), they force you to replace it for another P1650 on top of the US $50.00.

I always get soaked for more than the $50 they claim it's more like 6000 - 7000 pesos and I have the same photo they've never taken a new one even after my 10 year mark, I always get the run around up and down the main office in Manila and then it turns... Oh you got this done in Chicago like that makes a difference?  Anyway it's such a game for more fees.

For sure if you can renew your passport early it would be a good idea and when you do the check ins or renewals you must have 6 months left on your passport, I now have two passports my old one with the original Philippine Visa and the other I renewed here it was actually fast and I didn't' pay for any rush fees and all done through the mail system here Air21.