Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Need decent internet, nice beach and medium expense with my fiancÚ  (Read 1376 times)

Offline 4321go

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to the Philippines in February for 6 weeks to spend time with my Fiance.  Last time I was there I was in Manila that whole time, and the time before that in Boracay for 3 weeks (all in 2018).  I need to keep on working for my internet business while in Philippines but would like to be on the beach without breaking the bank.  Budget would be $60/night and I'm interested in staying 2 weeks at a time anywhere in Philippines.  Not interested in wild nightlife.  Prefer a nice quiet beach.  Would love to meet other expats and play beach volleyball too.  Must have decent internet, like 10 MBPS is fine.   If you could recommend good general locations that would be great, but specific hotels would probably be better since internet can vary a lot depending on the hotel even in the same area.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Need decent internet, nice beach and medium expense with my fiancÚ
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:58:15 PM »
10 - 15 mbps is possible in most areas now with Globe. PLDT is unreliable. I give Camiguin (mindanao) as one suggestion.

Online Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
I guess it depends where you are. Here in Bacolod, I have PLDT 25mbps running at 30 mbps Fiber GPON service. So far except foe 3 outages over a 1.5 year period, it's been solid as a rock. BTW, that price includes landline.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
Alona Beach at Panglao Island is a little busy. Dumuluan Beach is a little quieter. Anda Beach, Bohol is on the east side. A little far, but nice beaches.
Never argue with an idiot who provides false information. First, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Offline Francesmac

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »
Do they have decent internet connections that far out at Anda Beach?

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
10 - 15 mbps is possible in most areas now with Globe. PLDT is unreliable. I give Camiguin (mindanao) as one suggestion.

Oh you live in Camiguin? Beautiful place. I was going to recommend it. Quiet, nice beaches, I got decent Internet too. Oh man those cold springs are just perfect... :)

Have you lived there long? I met a few expat retirees there in 2018.

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:34 PM »
Do they have decent internet connections that far out at Anda Beach?
I was just usig the Globe service on my cell phone and did some remote work on my phone's hotspot. No issues.
Never argue with an idiot who provides false information. First, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 11:09:21 PM »
Oh you live in Camiguin? Beautiful place. I was going to recommend it. Quiet, nice beaches, I got decent Internet too. Oh man those cold springs are just perfect... :)

Have you lived there long? I met a few expat retirees there in 2018.

Codefreeze...do you live there and if so do you rent or own?
MS

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 01:37:47 AM »
Codefreeze...do you live there and if so do you rent or own?

Sadly no. I would probably rent though to be honest if I did. I met a very nice Italian couple who owned a resort though, and there were a few other expats I met who owned. They all seemed pretty happy with the move there. One of the nicer places I've been I'd say.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 08:15:57 AM »
Thank you sir, Done a little research of that island. Seems calm and collective but maybe a little high on the end of Pesos for the small availability of rentals. It seems as where we would like to be but.....another vacation is due in hand.

/r/
MS

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 07:47:24 PM »
I'm visiting Camiguin and almost got denied entry due to the incompetence of the staff at the port.
https://www.rappler.com/nation/251211-camiguin-restricts-entry-travelers-china-hong-kong-macau-novel-coronavirus

They are enforcing this rule but don't know how to count days and want to ban people who haven't even been to these countries within the past three months.