Author Topic: Cavite?  (Read 298 times)

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Cavite?
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
Hi All, me again with another "location info" request. Quick background summary..... 73 years old, married 50 years in Oct to the same Filipina and have been visiting the PI (6-8 week visits) since 1999. Built a home in Eastern Samar in 2006 that has been our primary location on our visits since then. We have reached the point that living in the rural PI is no longer what we want. As you can see, I'm 'familiar' with the PI and some of it's issues, but certainly not the expert many of you appear to be. So.....would like ANY input in the way of OPINIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, ETC. relative to living in Cavite. We are TENTATIVLY planning on renting a small home or apartment for a year or so to insure this is the right move. Will look for a buy option during that time. Of particular interest is the area near Bacoor and Imus. Looking for cost estimates and reasonable short term lodging during rental search in addition any info that could influence our location decision. Thanks all....appreciate your insights!!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Cavite?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »
I live in General Trias a little further out than Bacoor or Imus and prefer it that way, been here 10 years. New subdivisions being built here all the time.  Main road Bacoor/Imus/Dasmarinas is Aguinaldo Hwy and always crowded.  We have access to all the malls in the area.  Three hospitals in General Trias plus major hospitals available in Alabang.  Close to Tagaytay.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/General-Trias-Philippines

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
Maybe I'm not qualified to give an opinion, but based solely on 3 trips there to meet boat builders, check on progress of my boat build and to carry out sea trials, but my impression of Cavite is that it's a bit of a sheet hole place. I seriously cannot imagine why anybody would want to live there.  There are so may wonderful places to live, Cavite would be well below the radar.  As I said just my humble opinion.
Londoner at heart

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 02:54:33 AM »
I live in General Trias a little further out than Bacoor or Imus and prefer it that way, been here 10 years. New subdivisions being built here all the time.  Main road Bacoor/Imus/Dasmarinas is Aguinaldo Hwy and always crowded.  We have access to all the malls in the area.  Three hospitals in General Trias plus major hospitals available in Alabang.  Close to Tagaytay.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/General-Trias-Philippines

Chuck
  Thanks Chuck, appreciate the input and the link. Will certainly keep you in mind as we look to decision time.

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 02:56:46 AM »
Maybe I'm not qualified to give an opinion, but based solely on 3 trips there to meet boat builders, check on progress of my boat build and to carry out sea trials, but my impression of Cavite is that it's a bit of a sheet hole place. I seriously cannot imagine why anybody would want to live there.  There are so may wonderful places to live, Cavite would be well below the radar.  As I said just my humble opinion.
Hey thanks for the input. Opinions are what I was looking to get. They all give a perspective and are like "ear lobes", everyone has one or two!! Thanks again we keep you comments in mind.