Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Manila Lockdown  (Read 5007 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member
Re: Manila Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »
Stack yer Bigas/Arroz & Water/Tubig now!
MS

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
Stack yer Bigas/Arroz & Water/Tubig now!

According to the plan food stuff and supplies will still be shipped into and out of Manila.  Transport systems have not been shut down.  Provincial workers will still be allowed to enter/exit Manila to go to their jobs.

Chuck

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 08:40:34 PM »
Talked with family last night and this morning. All schools are closed and students are in the process of either returning to their home province or remaining at home with family until schools reopen
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Bob Johnson

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
My travel date June 16. Hope this blows over by then. Local church group booked with China transfer, airline canceled their flight and refunded money. China to Manila leg, airline said it wasn't their fault, correctly so, and won't refund fares, but that was not a huge cost. Just sent out around 20 balikbayan boxes; local Asian store was filling semi with boxes, $49 to Manila. (From Springfield, MO).

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 02:47:51 AM »
A lot of shutdowns happening here in the land of the big PX, I think the Trumpster is going to declare a National Emergency here in just a few minutes.
You all take care over there, wash yer hands often and isolate to the best of your ability.

/r/
MS

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 03:22:09 AM »
“Whether authorities have the capability to screen millions daily during the period remains to be seen.”
I don’t see how they’re going to do this. Every commuter going into the city will have to show an ID showing they work in the city? It would take 4 hours just to stand in line!

“An expanded travel ban will similarly bar the entry of foreigners through land, air or sea. Only Filipino citizens and holders of permanent resident visas and Philippine diplomatic visas will be allowed entry.”
This negates the words lockdown and quarantine. There just has to be 1 weak link for the virus to spread. Filipinos traveling can’t be carrying the virus? I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting to see how these rules were agreed to and if there were any logistical concerns before they were approved.

Never argue with an idiot who provides false information. First, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 03:13:00 PM »
On Wednesday, a lady from Manila, who travelled on March 5 to Orani, Bataan on a Genesis bus, was taken to the Government hospital in Balanga after feeling unwell. She tested positive for the covid-19 virus on Friday. Yesterday (Friday) medical checkpoints were set up on all highways into the Bataan.

There is one on the Jose Santos Highway near our house. All occupants of all vehicles (private, PUV, trikes, buses, trucks, single motors) as well as carabou riders and those on foot, are being temperature tested.

Looking out from our terrace, I can see 4 lines of traffic on the 2 lane, each way, highway into the Bataan (patience is not a virtue here LOL!) backed up over the "boundary" 300 metres away, to Pampanga,

Occupants of vehicles leaving the Bataan (on the only lane that's free) are also being checked.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:00:15 PM by bigrod »

Offline User444

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 05:00:06 PM »
"The nighttime curfew will take effect on March 15 to April 14, but some employees will be exempt, Garcia said, adding that violators will not be reprimanded and not arrested."

So there are no consequences if you violate the curfew hours? Hmmm, no enforcement of the rules. Where have I seen that before?
Never argue with an idiot who provides false information. First, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 05:57:48 PM »
Laguna, area now is in quarantine my area, I took a trip to the mall early to stalk up on bacon, quality hot dogs, ham and barako coffee, my grandson's birthday tomorrow and I purchased the large Red Ribbon chocolate cake.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 09:21:18 AM »
"The nighttime curfew will take effect on March 15 to April 14, but some employees will be exempt, Garcia said, adding that violators will not be reprimanded and not arrested."

So there are no consequences if you violate the curfew hours? Hmmm, no enforcement of the rules. Where have I seen that before?

The PNP have clarified that no one will be arrested for violating any LGU imposed curfew. They will however, arrest anyone who disobeys a lawful order (eg. go home) from a public official, verbally abuse or use force against, a public official. He defined arguing with police/military as abusing a public official.

Heads they win, tails you lose!

Peter

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
As of today, this is in effect across Luzon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enhanced Community Quarantine for Luzon.

1. By virtue of an Executive Order of the Office of the President we will have a Luzon-wide community quarantine.

2. We will have a curfew of 8pm to 5am for non-essential personnel on the streets.  Exempted are health care workers, peace and order officers, workers from the night shift of the Processing zones with valid ID’s, and LGU officers.

3. Malls are ordered closed for the duration of the executive order.

4. Restaurants can only accept take-home and delivery services.  Dine in is strictly prohibited.

5. Banks, groceries, supermarkets, pharmacies, pawn shops, hardwares, and wet markets will remain open.

6. Fiestas, karakols, parades, and other related public assemblies are cancelled.

7. Common religious congregations are strongly discouraged.

8. Gaming parlours, computer gaming shops, wellness Centers, cockpits arenas, will be closed.

9. Students on OJT are no longer required to report.

10. Needless loitering in the streets at any time of the day will be denied.

11.  Public playgrounds, basketball courts, beaches, and public parks will be closed.

12. Public utility offices, Bayad centers, and related financial services will remain open.

13. ‘Tianges’, open dry good markets, side walk vending, will be closed.

14. This will become effective March 17, at 12:01 am.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Stay safe.

Peter

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 06:02:54 PM »
Just got back from a trip into Manila. Yes the traffic on the main roads was lighter than normal and moving along nicely. What got my attention was after I got to the area I needed to be you would have not known anything was different. People everywhere walking in the streets like normal, conducting business as usual.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member