Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Covid 19 causing BOI office closures  (Read 673 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Covid 19 causing BOI office closures
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:02:33 PM »
So my USAF retired friend called me seeking help.  He drove the 90 minute drive to the nearest immigration office and it was closed.  So, I got Tina in on this.  She called the guy who works at the immigration office.  Her and I got the "personal cell phone" that is attached to/paid for by the office.  Something that it seems most foreigners around you do not get and I guess is hard to find if looking for it online. 

So, she was talking to this guy and he said all offices are going to remained closed until the national government reopens them.  And that anyone who "needed" anything from the office during the time of it's closure can get those issues taken care of inside the first 30 days of when they reopen and there will be no assessed fees for lateness or anything else.  He also said they do make appointments and will be in the office for those.  But those are only for foreigners who are going to be leaving the country and need the required demands taken care of(exit visas, extensions that might be required between the time of meeting and day of flight out, etc). 

So, anyone on any visa that needs renewing, extending, or any other "regular action" at the immigration office needs to be paying attention(the guy said the best way to do that is via the immigration facebook page) and when the offices reopen, make sure you are there inside the first 30 days. 

Just thought to drop this info off here for anyone who might need it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:56:15 PM by JoeLP »
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Covid 19 causing BOI office closures
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 01:18:28 PM »
Good stuff Joe.

Thanks for the info.

Stay safe all.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,