Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: PhilSys National ID  (Read 554 times)

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
PhilSys National ID
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:07:55 AM »
Has anyone applied for the Philippine National ID card yet?
If so...how was your experience in doing so?
MS

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: PhilSys National ID
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:33:53 AM »
Appears registration starts 12 Oct 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlMK-baLl8

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »
Has anyone applied for the Philippine National ID card yet?
If so...how was your experience in doing so?

I'll wait until it's up and running and the snags are worhed out, before I think about it. There may be revisions to the requirements, as there always seems to be when dealing with official agencies.

My ACR I-card is valid for nearly 3 more years, so I'll ask the BI for guidance when I visit them for the annual reporting next year.

Stay safe.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »
I don't understand why Expats are included in this?  I thought this was debunked and not a requirement for us foreigners I just can't find the link but from what I can remember this card was only to be used for social services as proof you are a citizen... we don't qualify for any social services or retirement pensions.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 03:51:30 PM »
I don't understand why Expats are included in this?  I thought this was debunked and not a requirement for us foreigners I just can't find the link but from what I can remember this card was only to be used for social services as proof you are a citizen... we don't qualify for any social services or retirement pensions.

Per their website it is for citizens and resident aliens!

https://psa.gov.ph/philsys

Chuck

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »
Per their website it is for citizens and resident aliens!

https://psa.gov.ph/philsys

Chuck
As per Philippine news this is will be for all citizens to include foreign citizens living in the PI for more than 6 months.
This is a multi functional ID card to streamline services...not specifically an entitlement card.
I don't see anywhere that this will be mandatory...but if it goes as planned it will save expats time and money by reducing redundancy.

Edit By Steve: Fixed the quote.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:17:33 AM by Steve & Myrlita »
MS

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »
As per Philippine news this is will be for all citizens to include foreign citizens living in the PI for more than 6 months.
This is a multi functional ID card to streamline services...not specifically an entitlement card.
I don't see anywhere that this will be mandatory...but if it goes as planned it will save expats time and money by reducing redundancy.

Edit By Steve: Fixed the quote.

The law stipulates the rules not the news! To be classified as a resident alien from what I have seen from BIR, Immigration. etc usually entails a stay of two years. What time and money is saved for the expat?  I see you still need a DL, ACR card, etc! Actually reading the law it is free to Philippine citizens and resident aliens  pay for it.

Chuck

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »
At the moment, I think it's "Much ado about nothing", as the Bard once wrote.

According to the Malacanang press releases, as quoted on GMA news, the initial registration will be only for those on the DSWD welfare lists. Indigenous peoples, squatters, low income earners, etc.

The start date of the registration of other classes will be notified later. Note, the govt. stated registration, not the issuing of the cards.

Chill guys, it may never happen in our lifetimes.  :)

Stay safe.

Peter

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »
Latest news, courtesy of PhilStar.com at < https://tinyurl.com/yywoogof  >

The article also shows a chart on how they plan to implement it

Stay safe all.

Peter

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »
The law stipulates the rules not the news! To be classified as a resident alien from what I have seen from BIR, Immigration. etc usually entails a stay of two years. What time and money is saved for the expat?  I see you still need a DL, ACR card, etc! Actually reading the law it is free to Philippine citizens and resident aliens  pay for it.

Chuck

That is correct Bigrod....I 'm not stating the news is stipulating the law but rather just passing along what I read. Now we do know there are times that the media actually puts out more information than an organization does maybe by some type of omitted circumstances.
MS

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 10:47:56 PM »
At the moment, I think it's "Much ado about nothing", as the Bard once wrote.

According to the Malacanang press releases, as quoted on GMA news, the initial registration will be only for those on the DSWD welfare lists. Indigenous peoples, squatters, low income earners, etc.

The start date of the registration of other classes will be notified later. Note, the govt. stated registration, not the issuing of the cards.

Chill guys, it may never happen in our lifetimes.  :)

Stay safe.

Peter

Come on now FUN 8)
PI can not be any slower than the US in implementing procedures...........otherwise why do so many of us go there :D

MS