Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Interview with a Filipina scammer  (Read 478 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Interview with a Filipina scammer
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:00:22 PM »
I found this interesting.  Another "Filipina Pea" video from youtube.  She's interviewing a local woman who scams foreign men via online connections.  Those of use who used the net to find our Filipinas have probably bumped into more than a few of these.  I find it a little educational hearing straight from one of them.

My ex had/has a cousin who made a very nice life doing this in manila.  But, she took things much further than the woman in the interview that is in the video I'm linking.  She'd actually have them come over and meet with her.  After one of them bought her a house(a small one) she would use that to host the guys, and got even more from them spent on her.  So, I've known these things happen and went into finding my next wife(Tina) with a very open mind and with understanding the strong chances of bumping into these women.  I believe Lisa(ex's cousin) has a nice house now in Quezon City with her own cars and more and all of it from a couple decades of scamming foreigners. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPTGdSh3yvs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPTGdSh3yvs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPTGdSh3yvs</a>
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Interview with a Filipina scammer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 01:56:43 AM »
I spent only 1 month on an "introduction" site, but came out lucky on the other end. After reading a number of horror stories online I knew I had to have my head on right once I dropped into that arena. I wrote to about 20 young ladies for an intro and got a few who openly asked "What can you do for me? What will you bring me for a present when you visit?" Enough red flags for me. I was fortunate in that Gloria had joined the group only a week after I did. We crossed paths, wrote back and forth every day for months, met and the rest is blissful history.

I've warned guys in the past about red flags, bells and whistles. I've not always been paid attention to. Some got out alive, some had their hearts, and bank accounts, broken. A few couldn't take it and ended in misery. So glad I'm not a part of that scene any longer
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Bob Johnson

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 02:43:14 AM »
Picked up my wife at airport, returning from trip home to PI. Introduced me to young guy also on flight; he got married on his trip, met and got married on same trip! SO, at wife's request, I filled out his I-130 paperwork, went through with no probs. He called sometime later, found out his new wife was scamming other foreigners. Don't know what happened after that, lost touch. Could have filed I-130F concurrently to get her here sooner, wasn't worth my time after hearing that.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:27:22 AM »
I spent only 1 month on an "introduction" site, but came out lucky on the other end. After reading a number of horror stories online I knew I had to have my head on right once I dropped into that arena. I wrote to about 20 young ladies for an intro and got a few who openly asked "What can you do for me? What will you bring me for a present when you visit?" Enough red flags for me. I was fortunate in that Gloria had joined the group only a week after I did. We crossed paths, wrote back and forth every day for months, met and the rest is blissful history.

I've warned guys in the past about red flags, bells and whistles. I've not always been paid attention to. Some got out alive, some had their hearts, and bank accounts, broken. A few couldn't take it and ended in misery. So glad I'm not a part of that scene any longer

GW and others,

There are scammers in every corner of the world not just in the PI.
But just to keep it fair take a peak at youtube sometime and see how many broke, worthless, old pandering $400 a month and less SSDI & VA scamming SEXPATS are exploiting & scamming Filipinas and their families. The majority of these snakeshit dirtbags are worthless Fu**ing Amercans who can not make it in the US and no women want anything to do with them.
Sorry bout the language :o 
MS

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member
  • Retired Air Reserve Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 10:38:56 PM »
Seen this many times when I lived in AC for a year in 2002.  Most of these misfits looked like they were just released from prison and came to the Philippines.  Makes me wonder how most were able to get a passport in the first place but that's neither here nor there. These dirt bags were foul mouth and no sense of hygiene whatsoever.  Pure filth and most looked as if they didn't have a nickel to their name.  It seems the Philippines brings out the worse of the worse from all countries.  There are some really great guys I met but it seemed for every good one there was 5 assholes that better watch their back.  I like people but I don't have many friends only acquaintances and I prefer it that way.  I can spot a snake a mile away!

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 11:36:23 PM »
Seen this many times when I lived in AC for a year in 2002.  Most of these misfits looked like they were just released from prison and came to the Philippines.  Makes me wonder how most were able to get a passport in the first place but that's neither here nor there. These dirt bags were foul mouth and no sense of hygiene whatsoever.  Pure filth and most looked as if they didn't have a nickel to their name.  It seems the Philippines brings out the worse of the worse from all countries.  There are some really great guys I met but it seemed for every good one there was 5 assholes that better watch their back.  I like people but I don't have many friends only acquaintances and I prefer it that way.  I can spot a snake a mile away!

8)
MS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 10:50:30 AM »
Some real scumbags out there that prey on filipinas

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 12:03:28 PM »
Some real scumbags out there that prey on filipinas
Sad but true.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member
  • Retired Air Reserve Technician
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 04:26:35 AM »
They know they don't have a snowballs chance in hell in pulling off the crap they do in their home country so they mosey their sorry butt to the Philippines or any developing nation to prey on these beautiful kind people.  Makes me sick at my stomach when I see these dirt bags who come over and manipulate these mainly province girls when in fact a lot of these scum are already married in their home country and they tell their spouse they have to go on a business trip. Ha!!  I believe in Karma and I hope it bites them in the rear end.  Just my thoughts!

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 08:48:59 AM »
They know they don't have a snowballs chance in hell in pulling off the crap they do in their home country so they mosey their sorry butt to the Philippines or any developing nation to prey on these beautiful kind people.  Makes me sick at my stomach when I see these dirt bags who come over and manipulate these mainly province girls when in fact a lot of these scum are already married in their home country and they tell their spouse they have to go on a business trip. Ha!!  I believe in Karma and I hope it bites them in the rear end.  Just my thoughts!
Many of these undesirables we have described actually post their videos of themselves living the life in the PI of $400.00 or less and coach other American rabid feces to follow suit, Snakesh*t Dirtbags!
Lol....who is scamming who in most scenarios?
What a downfall for the great PI folks and all the others.
There should be a D30 & Raffy Tulos clean up pit...too simple.....follow the videos!
MS

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »
Ok, help me out.  Where do these losers live?  I'm guessing the cities or built up areas.  Having lived in Orion, Bataan and now where I do on Catarman, Northern Samar, I don't see them.  Hell, where I am now, I'm the youngest foreigner I've seen/know and I'm in my 40's.  Pretty much every foreigner I see here is chillin' and enjoying life in their homes with their filipina wives. 

This isn't me doubting they exist.  I'm guessing they'd be easy to find in places like Angeles City or Olongapo and most likely Cebu City and Manila.  But, having been all over this province, and into the neighboring ones, I don't see these sick degenerates who have not hygiene care. 

Heck, the only "bad" foreigner that I've known that lived in this area probably made more money than any foreigner here and decided to beat up his pretty pinay wife(she took actions and he's no longer here, thank god).  I'm not saying that a few foreigners didn't pass through here and buy a house only to realize it cost more to live here than they thought and they moved on.  I'm just saying that foreigners who don't take care of themselves, act nasty to everyone is not something I've found yet in the places I've lived.  Tina said that in her 4 decades plus living here she hasn't seen them either. 

So, where are they found?  Enough people have brought it up on the site that I trust they do exist.  So again, this isn't me doubting they are here.  Just, I have not run into them yet.  That's all, and I wonder where they are hiding/living.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
Ok, help me out.  Where do these losers live?  I'm guessing the cities or built up areas.  Having lived in Orion, Bataan and now where I do on Catarman, Northern Samar, I don't see them.  Hell, where I am now, I'm the youngest foreigner I've seen/know and I'm in my 40's.  Pretty much every foreigner I see here is chillin' and enjoying life in their homes with their filipina wives. 

This isn't me doubting they exist.  I'm guessing they'd be easy to find in places like Angeles City or Olongapo and most likely Cebu City and Manila.  But, having been all over this province, and into the neighboring ones, I don't see these sick degenerates who have not hygiene care. 

Heck, the only "bad" foreigner that I've known that lived in this area probably made more money than any foreigner here and decided to beat up his pretty pinay wife(she took actions and he's no longer here, thank god).  I'm not saying that a few foreigners didn't pass through here and buy a house only to realize it cost more to live here than they thought and they moved on.  I'm just saying that foreigners who don't take care of themselves, act nasty to everyone is not something I've found yet in the places I've lived.  Tina said that in her 4 decades plus living here she hasn't seen them either. 

So, where are they found?  Enough people have brought it up on the site that I trust they do exist.  So again, this isn't me doubting they are here.  Just, I have not run into them yet.  That's all, and I wonder where they are hiding/living.

You'd rather not meet them, better to just enjoy your peaceful part of the PI. 8)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:18:02 AM by RUFUS »
MS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
The majority of my time in the PH has been in and around Manila since that's where the family lives. But I've traveled north and south and visited a few of the bigger cities. Manila, Cebu City, Angeles City, Olongapo all have their seedy side and more than their fair share of scum that feed off the fallen or vulnerable. I've been approached a few times in Manila but rebuffed their attempts to engage with me

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 12:58:32 AM »
Like JoeLP, I am a bit surprised by the comments about kano scumbags.  In the few years I lived in Quezon City I never encountered those types.  Nor have I in travels around the country on many visits over the past 25 years.  One of the larger places where I have spent many months is Tuguegarao in the north and I have not found rotten foreigners there.  In fact, the only experience I recall of a foreigner who was an embarrassment to himself was a loud, foul-mouthed 300-pound German riding a bicycle on Boracay in 1995. Not picking on Germans, I am sure the same can be found from every country.

It seems odd to me that lowlife foreigners could be "scamming and exploiting Filipinas and their families".  Again, like JoeLP, I don't doubt the word of the posters here who say that is what they have seen.  Just not what I would expect.  Filipinos supporting broke foreigners.

Clarkee and MotorSarge have referred to the "sexpat" types and I know they exist.  Guys who come to the Phils and meet up with girls, pretend to be interested in forming a long-term relationship, promise them the earth, but soon disappear after
what was never intended to be more than a sexcation. Those guys are scum.  But I don't see them as living off the girls or their families.  In fact, I would guess the opposite to be true.  I would think they spend some money on them for the brief time they are with them. They just don't tell the girls they are never coming back.  And if the girl is left pregnant, that's her problem.

Apart from the guy on Boracay, my only other experience in the Phils with foreigners who maybe should not be there is with the complainers.  Those who chose to live there or spend a lot of time there, but bitch about just about everything.  If they dislike it so much, I don't understand why they spend time there. 

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »
Hestecrefter has brought up sexpats. Those I have seen in my part of the woods.  Only a few.  The wife sees them more due to her work and where it takes her.  But, I get a kick out of some of them.  I think I wrote on here once before about one dude.  It was a very hot day. Talking in the mid to upper 90's.  This dude bikes in on a honda gold wing as if he was riding a harley.  Revving the engine after stopping it at an intersection or at his destination.  Long hair flowing in the wind.  He wasn't really that bad looking of a guy dressed in biker gear(way to much for the heat of day) and two little pinay behind him.  He was probably in his 40's.  Drove them to the Jolibee and they went in and he had the walk as if he owned the place down.  I was laughing at the site.  But, it worked for him.  The jolibee is in the market, that Tina manages.  She said he was around for about a week with what felt like a different set of girls on the bike each day.  That stuff makes me laugh. 

But yeah, I've seen them.  And that isn't living off the locals.  Not at all.  Are they scum?  Yeah.  But, who doesn't see that?  if a local girl can't see it, that's on her.  Most women here have been told to look out for those guys.  If they chose to take the chance, embracing the risk, that's 100% on them.