Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: probinsyanas over manilenas  (Read 7845 times)

Offline ELJ

probinsyanas over manilenas
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
WHY?

probinsyanas=girls from the province
manilenas=girls from manila
\"there is none so distant that fate can\'t bring together\"

Offline Robm

• Sr Member
Re: probinsyanas over manilenas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »
Not sure the question!!

Offline ELJ

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
sorry rob :).....thought the subject title\'s enough for it to be understood.....my bad.....well, the question is, WHY do most western men prefer girls from the province over those from manila?......

Offline rainymike

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:28:07 AM »
Can\'t speak for all kanos, but my thoughts are like this:

Manila has a bit too much traffic and pollution for my tastes. Odds are Manila women will have family ties in Manila and may prefer to live there. Over time, I\'m finding myself drawn to wanting to finally settle away from the big city life.

For similar reasons, a girl from a large city might have cultural values more similar to American women. At least for me, in retirement, instead of re-entering the urban rat race and pursuing the Filipino/American dream, I\'d like to spend more time exploring the things I couldn\'t do when working full time - like travel, just kicking back, gardening, raising family, and the like.

I think younger kanos might have a completely different perspective than me.

Offline Robm

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 01:39:33 AM »
hmmm, is that a true statement? Do western men prefer the girls from the province? My girl is from Cebu but originally from the \"province\". I was not looking for one or the other. She just happened to be the one who I really clicked with from the start.

Robm

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 01:42:48 AM »
sorry rob :).....thought the subject title\'s enough for it to be understood.....my bad.....well, the question is, WHY do most western men prefer girls from the province over those from manila?......

It could be the difference between a man wanting a woman who isn\'t spoiled by city life, especially if he intends to do what Rob says and have a more leisurely life away from the city and not one tied to night life or a younger man\'s lifestyle. 

Other men may prefer a cosmopolitan woman, perhaps with an office job and one who represents his sense of style.  Different strokes for different folks.

I just went for a girl who had a similar personality, taste for life and attitude and one who wasn\'t too much younger than me.  I\'ll be 57 on Saturday and Gloria is 42.  She says I look like I\'m much younger.  What can I say, she\'s blind.   ;D

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »
Oh God, I hope so!   ;D  Hahahaha!!!!

Offline nelsonbob51

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
City or province..In Australia its City or Country. In the country you would probably know half of the population of the town. In the city you would be lucky to know half of the people in your street. Is this the same in the PI? I have visited the Phils many times and I find it hard to tell if a person living in Manila is a local or from the province. I guess everyone is a Manilenas until they return home to their province. I love the country and I love the province. Sorry elj, I love you too. Cheers Bob

Offline ELJ

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »
tnx bob....familiarity with neighbors depends on how friendly the person is and how posh the village he\'s living in is.....the more exclusive the village gets, the more discreet the \"chismisan\" (gossiping) will be......hence, eventhough u don\'t know ur neighbors, rest assured they know something about u somehow.... amazingly pinoy...;)

as for this thread, i started this one because i get to see a lot of posts from different groups which cautions foreign men to stay away from girls in manila as much as possible because we tend to be scammers/swindlers/cons (so they say)....just wondering what gave them this idea when, from what i\'ve mostly read, they always stay in provinces and get their girls there....a little harsh and unfair assumption, don\'t u think?.... :(

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »
Elj,

I think it\'s unfair, alright.  I met my asawa Gloria when she was living in Manila.  She, like many others, moved to the city not because of any great love for concrete, choking traffic, pollution or Big City life, she moved there for an education and for a job so she could help support her family.  She certainly had neither in her future if she had stayed in her small town up north. 

In my case, it was perfect for me.  I found a woman who is every bit my match mentally and emotionally, someone who can hold her own in the business world, someone who is secure in her independence, and someone who hasn\'t lost touch with her family in the province.  She is also every bit the woman I need in my life to keep me grounded and also allow me to dream as big as I can dream.  We spend time every week just talking about our future and what we need to do to take the next right step.  I might never have found my happiness had she chosen to stay in the province.

Jack

Offline cliff

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 05:20:40 AM »
 well my wife is from Cebu and there are times i don\'t understand her and wish at times  that i had marred a girl from  the Provence but i Ge\'s i made the right one i just wish i don\'t have to eat so much rice and chicken i think I\'m theonly one that marred a Filipino that can\'t cook sob sob sob just as well I\'m a chef  ;D

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 01:13:46 AM »
My opinion is first impressions, a person will naturally be in a city first as that is where the airports are. Being new to a country there is a lot of information coming in and it is easy to be side tracked (more vulnerable). Any person who has dishonest intentions will know the percentages, a big city with lots of foreigners equals opportunity (kinda hard to find a mark in the provinces) so that is the place to be conspicuous to your intended victim, be it a bar, hotel any public place. Meanwhile the \"good women\" are busy at work or otherwise not so easy to find. That is a broad generalization but remember first impressions ! There is also the question of country versus city in general. I am from a rural area and by choice have stayed, I have more in common with a country gal. There is no doubt in my S A M that there are just as many good women hidden in the cities as the provinces. The scammers are not stupid, They know where the \"fishing\" is the best. So the bad ones gravitate to the city and are intentionally very visible. I am sure they are a very small percentage of the population but like the fancy window displays in stores are seen first. Bottom line it is too bad they give others a bad reputation, but maybe in the long run it either weeds out or teaches the more gullible men, so maybe thank them for this \"assistance\".
   Scott

P.S. I speak from experience, having been the focus of a few women with only their best interests in mind and thankfully I have learned from the experience. If it seems too good to be true.....
If you can\'t explain it simply, you don\'t understand it enough.                  A. Einstein