Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Drawers  (Read 2440 times)

Drawers
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »
I have been in the Philippines for awhile. I noticed something when I went to Cebu for 18 months and rented a apartment in a 3 year old complex. Then I moved back to Leyte and I am renting a house and there are not any drawers in it. Filipino dwellings do not have drawers built in the kitchen or anywhere else. Has anyone else noticed this or is it a coincidence that I rented two places in a row like this. ??? 

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Drawers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Drawers are places where evil spirits can live to come out and get you in your sleep
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:00:40 PM »
I have been in the Philippines for awhile. I noticed something when I went to Cebu for 18 months and rented a apartment in a 3 year old complex. Then I moved back to Leyte and I am renting a house and there are not any drawers in it. Filipino dwellings do not have drawers built in the kitchen or anywhere else. Has anyone else noticed this or is it a coincidence that I rented two places in a row like this. ??? 

Filipinos seem to like these brightly coloured plastic draw units. Kitchens are almost non existent in Philippine style houses, all they need is a sink, and space for a two ring burner and a rice cooker. I will be glad when I get my own house and have a proper kitchen.

Colin

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
Drawers are places where evil spirits can live to come out and get you in your sleep

Hey Rufus, you can slow down on the posting now, you are now Elite  ;D

Colin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »

Hey Rufus, you can slow down on the posting now, you are now Elite  ;D

Colin

Errr! 2 in a row Colin  ::) You too 
;D

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
Bottom line........COST!

BTW, I don\'t have them in our house or the rentals either.

If you want the fancy foreign style, do it yourself if ya gotta have, no biggie. Or adapt to the Pinoy ways of MOST of the Country.

Which begs to question, why be here......... as so many foreigners complain....... if the Pinoy ways are not to ones liking or not able to except  ??? ???

I realize the poster was not complaining, just asking.
B-Ray

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 11:26:40 AM »
I wasn\'t complaining I was just musing about why no drawers in a home. I have been here since October 1988.