Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: How many Islands are there in the Philippines  (Read 2029 times)

How many Islands are there in the Philippines
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:30:22 PM »
Hsiao, since you\'ve always asked me this question over and over again.  I better post it here then you will never forget it. 

I will borrow the line of Charlene Gonzales in Miss Universe 1994.  High tide or low tide  :D? There are 7,107 islands during high tide, 7,108 during low tide. 

And please don\'t asked me again if I was already there 7,108 Island. The answer is a big NO NO.  Well, when I was like 7 or 8 years old we\'ve visited the Hundred Islands National Park.  So I\'ve already seen the 124 (low tide).

Oh, by the way,  I have no idea which Island is hiding during high tide ha!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: How many Islands are there in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:28:31 AM »
Hsiao, since you\'ve always asked me this question over and over again.  I better post it here then you will never forget it. 

I will borrow the line of Charlene Gonzales in Miss Universe 1994.  High tide or low tide  :D? There are 7,107 islands during high tide, 7,108 during low tide. 

And please don\'t asked me again if I was already there 7,108 Island. The answer is a big NO NO.  Well, when I was like 7 or 8 years old we\'ve visited the Hundred Islands National Park.  So I\'ve already seen the 124 (low tide).

Oh, by the way,  I have no idea which Island is hiding during high tide ha!

Most people don\'t know this, but over 7,000 of the islands are uninhabited full time.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH