Author Topic: First time posting?  (Read 13607 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: First time posting?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »
Miklos,
Welcome aboard!
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 02:57:44 AM »
I\'m also new to this board..
now working as Distribution Manager and IT Manager in a somewhat large company I started with 3 friends a little over 5 years ago... I hope I can settle down in the Cebu area later this year.

Hi Miklos,

Are you moving your company to Cebu, or can you continue to work from Cebu, or are you cashing in and retiring at a very young age?

It would great for you if you have a situation where you can live in the RP and continue to earn first world earnings.

I have retired (at 57, wish I were 31  >:() and also intend to move to the Cebu area (where asawa\'s family still lives) once I get affairs finished up here in the States. 

Good luck with your plans. Hope to see more postings from you.

Tom in Big D
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:17 AM »
Hi Miklos,

welcome to the forum

Colin

Offline Miklos

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all of you :)

The company is too big to move, and I\'m a bit too young to retire so my plan was to move to Philippines for at least a year and try to get some business going there as well. I\'m lucky to be in a situation where I can take a step back from the company and hire myself as a \'consultant\' to keep a decent first world income. With some hard work I expect to be able to build products I then can sell to the company back home - a win/win situation for all :)

I must admit that right now just being with my girl overshadows anything else, it\'s hard to be apart for this long.
* Good judgment comes from experience - Experience comes from bad judgment *

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »
Welcome Miklos.  I wish you great success in your business and much happiness with your new found love.  I look forward to many more posts from you.

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 07:37:59 AM »
Thanks for the welcome all of you :)

The company is too big to move, and I\'m a bit too young to retire so my plan was to move to Philippines for at least a year and try to get some business going there as well. I\'m lucky to be in a situation where I can take a step back from the company and hire myself as a \'consultant\' to keep a decent first world income. With some hard work I expect to be able to build products I then can sell to the company back home - a win/win situation for all :)

I must admit that right now just being with my girl overshadows anything else, it\'s hard to be apart for this long.

Welcome Miklos to the site. Sounds like you got your act in order for such a young man. Another Bill Gates in the making, no sincerely I wish you all the best and the way you describe yourself I just think you will be successful with that positive attitude, and over here in the RP attitude is very important , for adaption is the name of the game, you don\'t adapt and you will be miserable or die.

I look forward to having you and your posts here, seems like you have a lot to offer, sorry I was late in welcoming you aboard, but I was up wasted my time in Manila at the VA listening to a bunch of 32 year old doctors tell me I was an anomaly and clinically dead...damn strange world...but the beat and the murf go on!

Murf

Offline she

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »
 :)hello just new here.. i  tried to be a member here coz its seems interested to be part here.. Im a filipina... and want to share if u want to ask something... :D God Bless

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 12:29:57 AM »
:)Hello just new here.. I tried to be a member here because its seems interesting to be a part here.. I\'m a Filipina... and want to share if u want to ask something... :D God Bless

Welcome. Pleased to have you here. We very much welcome the Filipino or Filipina perspective. Feel free to join in anytime. Everyone here welcomes you with open arms. God Bless......
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 01:17:38 AM »
:)hello just new here.. i  tried to be a member here coz its seems interested to be part here.. Im a filipina... and want to share if u want to ask something... :D God Bless

Welcome to the forum, feel free to tell us more about yourself, age, where in the Philippines you live and anything else you might be comfortable telling members.

BTW, I am happily married to a lovely lady from Mindanao for over 15 years and we live part time in Cebu and the rest of the time in the Florida, US and I am looking forward to hearing your point of view.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 04:10:20 AM »
Welcome Mikol\'s,

You will find this community forum has allot of good stuff,  I should say very good info.  I\'m also moving to Cebu in late October to live.  Hope all goes well for you.

Offline Nashkat

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »
Hi Y\'all, my name is Doni, I am engaged to a lovely Filipina named Jen. I currently reside on Cape Cod, Massachusetts but plan a permanent move to Manila approximately the end of November. I have previously worked and lived in Metro Manila for about 1 year back in 04 and 05, I fell in love with the people and the culture and promised myself I will return someday to stay. The culture is a perfect fit for my personality and ideals. I am seeking to open a few Internet shops as a way of making a living. Jen is a CPA and we both have IT backgrounds. I am hoping to make some new friends here and see if my perceptions are in line with reality and not just a rose colored glasses view of Pinas. I speak some Tagalog and keep learning more thanks to Jen and some of my Pilipino friends. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum, I look forward to a wonderful future in Pinas! God bless all at salamat!

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 08:03:25 AM »
I currently reside on Cape Cod, Massachusetts but plan a permanent move to Manila approximately the end of November.... I am seeking to open a few Internet shops as a way of making a living.

Welcome Doni,

A lot of people in Manila would like to move to Cape Cod... Good to see someone who appreciates the beauty of the Philippines.

There is a wealth of information on this Forum on the subject of running businesses in the RP... which is easy to find and you can read all the back-posts.  But, feel free to ask anything you like and you will likely get a lot more answers (or opinions ;D) than you really wanted.

Welcom aboard and good luck with your plans.

Tom in Big D   
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:51 AM »
Welcome Doni,

If the internet shops you are planning to open are internet cafe\'s, then you could have a problem earning a reasonable living from them. They are on almost on every street corner, similar to sari-sari stores, and at the very low rates they charge, I can\'t see how any of them can have much income at all.

Colin

Offline she

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 09:51:46 AM »
 ;)im from bulacan.. In philippines.. well what can i say.. im a teacher... well thats nice that u found your filipina.. I think  most filipina like me are  very honest person.. most of the time...

Offline Nashkat

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
Thanks Tom, Colin and Chel!
Yeah I know the shops are almost as prevalent as karaoke bars, but like anything else in retail, location is the key. By themselves a single shop can provide a small income, but the proximity of schools, hospitals and the like are critical to the success and income potential. I have found a couple that I am interested in buying...all depends on the accounting and true revenue developed. I also have 18 years experience in Call Center Management, so if I need to work a real job I will. I have a few contacts that have expressed interest in employing me, but only if I am already there, no more hiring ex-pats and relocating them to Pinas from the US.